SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Don’t need a 92X…but I really want one…
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don’t need a 92X…but I really want one… Login/Join 
posted
There are four handguns I’ve always wanted - P226, Glock 17, Beretta 92 and a 1911. To me they are iconic. I’ve got the Sig and Glock, had a 1911 years ago and sold it (and regret it…) and now I find myself drooling over a 92X GR model. Yep, not the traditional 92FS, but has the features I actually want.

I know several you here have had them for awhile now, so do you still enjoy it? Have you made any mods to it?

I’m pretty close to, uhm, pulling the trigger on one and wanted the thoughts of the SF Braintrust.

Thanks!

Posts: 715 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Langdon Tactical 92X Performance is a great pistol. All steel very little felt recoil. Excellent trigger.

Posts: 1252 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Yes definitely buy a 92X Performance you won’t regret it. Well worth the coin.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have two 92XG compacts that I’ve customized over the last year with various Wilson & Langdon Mods. Fantastic shooters! Like them so much I’ve sold off my P229 & P226. Sig blasphemy I know but I’m winnowing what I use & like.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I have two 92XG compacts that I’ve customized over the last year with various Wilson & Langdon Mods. Fantastic shooters! Like them so much I’ve sold off my P229 & P226. Sig blasphemy I know but I’m winnowing what I use & like.
Have you tried the LTT Optimized trigger bar yet? I’ve got one of those on order for my regular 92FS.

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should also put the Walther PPQ Q5 Steel Frame on your list. In my personal opinion it's has better features.

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can’t beat any variety of 92. Big advantage of 92 over any Walther is you can find parts and holsters and upgrades without even trying. Try to upgrade that Walther and you will run into much more of an obstacle.

Not to sound like a broken record but buy a 92 worked over by Langdon. It’s not much more, 165 if you do it yourself, and the result is eye watering. I probably would push you to an LTT instead of the X unless you want a steel frame then go up to the Performance.

So yes, buy a 92 in your favorite flavor.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I love Sig's, Beretta's have become my favorite. Traditional 92 if your hand is big enough for the grip and 92X if not. If a traditional works I'd go with an LTT edition over any others if you can get your hands on one. LTT factory trigger job if possible, it's not very expensive. If you need to go any other route just pickup an LTT Trigger-Job-in-a-Bag (including the OP trigger bar) and you're golden. The reset on the OP trigger bar is amazing.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a fine line between need and want. I just blend the two to form a 'get'..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fell for the feel of a 92X myself. Bone stock.
After being spoiled by striker triggers, and short DAO triggers, I couldn't shoot the X worth a dang.
Now, I've had a few hands-on with Langdon's in various LGS. I would heartily echo the similar views above.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Or you could have the best of both worlds and buy a Beretta 92X Performance that’s been worked over by Ernest Langdon.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
About to acquire a 92F and have Robert Burke work his magic on it and have CCR do their thing. I’d rather buy a base pistol and have the custom stuff done my way.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Except the frame on an LTT has cuts and bevels that you won’t get on a base 92F. Those cuts and the checkering that comes standard on an M9A1 frame are worth the price of admission by themselves. Then add in a dovetailed front sight so you can pick your sights of choice, win. Standard with a G decocker. And while Burke does great work do you really think he does better work than the dean of 92’s?

No brained. LTT. Send it off to CCR if you need color in your life. You are welcome. lol

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
For SIG, go Burke.
For Beretta, go Langdon.
For CZ, go either CGW or CZC.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
You can’t beat any variety of 92. Big advantage of 92 over any Walther is you can find parts and holsters and upgrades without even trying. Try to upgrade that Walther and you will run into much more of an obstacle.

Not to sound like a broken record but buy a 92 worked over by Langdon. It’s not much more, 165 if you do it yourself, and the result is eye watering. I probably would push you to an LTT instead of the X unless you want a steel frame then go up to the Performance.

So yes, buy a 92 in your favorite flavor.

The 92x is going for $1399 on avg and you might fight it for cheaper. It's not optics ready and the trigger is almost the same as the 92FS. single action pull and reset was not better than my Walther. I guess if you want to mod the crap our of your gun than go with the 92x or better I would go with Glock or CZ Shadow2. Out of the box at $1500 the Walther PPQ q5 match SF is a better choice in my opinion. Plus you can't beat the Walther Walther 30 day guarantee.

https://waltherarms.com/guarantee/

LEARN ABOUT THE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stock factory 92X Performance models for $1399 are sellers taking advantage of current market conditions. They don't seem to come around often based on supply issues but when available, for an addition $50, you can pickup a 92X Perf directly from LTT including trigger job and OP trigger bar. Factory or 3rd party options for Walthers are far too limited for my taste compared to Beretta 92's.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 92x is going for $1399 on avg and you might fight it for cheaper. It's not optics ready and the trigger is almost the same as the 92FS. single action pull and reset was not better than my Walther. I guess if you want to mod the crap our of your gun than go with the 92x or better I would go with Glock or CZ Shadow2. Out of the box at $1500 the Walther PPQ q5 match SF is a better choice in my opinion. Plus you can't beat the Walther Walther 30 day guarantee.

The triggers vary quite a bit on the SFs; very much the nature of so many factory-built striker guns, including Walthers. Frankly the triggers on the much more pedestrian PDP is to me better still and more importantly, far more consistent from pistol to pistol. The single-action of my 92X Perf is pretty darn good even without the LTT updates. DA is another matter (relatively heavy compared to every other Perf that we've had in). But that being said, it's kinda not a real issue since there's no proper way to shoot this gun in DA without manually thumbing down the hammer (how unsafe is that?) since there's no decock function on the gun.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about two different guns here, the Beretta 92X and th e92X Performance? The X has an alloy frame, the Performance all steel. Make certain if you buy online.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Except the frame on an LTT has cuts and bevels that you won’t get on a base 92F. Those cuts and the checkering that comes standard on an M9A1 frame are worth the price of admission by themselves. Then add in a dovetailed front sight so you can pick your sights of choice, win. Standard with a G decocker. And while Burke does great work do you really think he does better work than the dean of 92’s?

No brained. LTT. Send it off to CCR if you need color in your life. You are welcome. lol

Those cuts don’t mean anything to me whatsoever. And I’m no fan of Ernest whatsoever.

Burke works on all my guns. He’s the only smith I’ll ever use. He can do work as good or better than anyone. Bruniton finish is craptastic and CCR I’m big fans of.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I didn’t say you had to date the guy. I said he’s the best 92 guy out there. You can argue that all day but even Robert Burke would probably send his 92 to Langdon, lol. As for undercuts and checkering I suppose that’s personal preference but you are way in the minority here. There isn’t a single platform that making cuts to raise your grip on the gun aren’t popular because they work. Getting your hand higher on any gun is going to improve your performance. That isn’t arguable on any rational level.

Enjoy your 3 dot sights because that’s what you are getting stuck with. You can’t change your front sight so I hope you love that big white Italian dot. Best you can do is have someone drill it for a FO rod. I have one of those on an old 92FS slide, it’s better but it isn’t as good as being able to swap to whatever you want whenever you want.

You can hate Bruniton all you want but I have my first 92F that is over 30 years old and the finish protects the gun just fine. You want fancy colors knock yourself out. If you think Bruniton guns are rusting away that’s just bullshit.

Does Burke even work on 92’s anymore? His website seems to indicate no. If you can break down a 92 the TJIAB with some judicious polishing will get you as good as you could want.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,