SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New G26 and Taco Tuesday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New G26 and Taco Tuesday Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted

Got my first G26. It’s a gen 5. I had a few Magpul magazines from some trade and I wanted it.

Fun and accurate! 150 rounds of 124 and 115 fmj with no issues. Plinking from 7 to 200 yards. ( I did better at 7-12 bit hit a few 200 yard gongs. )

I had the shop put Ameriglo’s on it and am very happy!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats !

I actually shoot my 26 better than my 19. Never quite figured out why - I just do.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it’s the shorter grip, I seem to point a 26 differently than a 19. But it’s the same for me, I shoot a 26 a little better too

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I think it’s the shorter grip, I seem to point a 26 differently than a 19. But it’s the same for me, I shoot a 26 a little better too

The "hump" on the back of the G26's grip is significantly higher than the 17 or 19. That alters how it sits in your hand.

Some people love that, and shoot them better than the bigger siblings.

Others, like me, dislike the different grip geometry. I never warmed up to the G26, and traded mine after several years for a P365, which was a huge improvement. But if they offered a G26 with a similar backstrap to a G17/G19, I'd give it another shot.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Don't have an opinion either way on the Glocks, but my wife just made Bison Tacos and I couldn't resist putting away four of them.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Congrats !

I actually shoot my 26 better than my 19. Never quite figured out why - I just do.

I like my G26 a lot !! You're right , it shoots better than my G19. No idea why !
You might consider adding a GeePlate to your carry mags. Same ease of concealment but better grip. YMMV , of course.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Solid choice, the G26 (but we already know that).. I'm still trying to warm up to the Gen5 model.. not sure if I like the ambi slide stop levers or the forward cocking serrations...

Love to shoot a Gen5 though, to see how the lack of finger grooves on the grip frame feels..

Thanks for sharing!

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sigh. I was hoping for tacos.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'd better give those Pmags a good workout in your new shooter. Check this out:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...420030264#2420030264

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You'd better give those Pmags a good workout in your new shooter. Check this out:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...420030264#2420030264

Thanks! I'll just be using them as range and practice mags. I have a few more Glock mags on order.
I have a G45 for work it is my personal gun I have 3300 rounds through it with zero issues and only use Glock mags.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My friend picked up a Gen 5 26 about a year ago - non front serration model. He has around 800 rounds through it using the Magpul Glock 12 round mags.

He is now only using them, he really likes the base plate.

I use them on my Gen 3 26 with a grip reduction for range mags, have around 1000 rounds through the three of them and no problems, but I still carry OEM 10 round mags - when I carry my 26.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also shoot a 26 better than the larger glocks as well. I prefer the flat baseplate.
I think based on my hand size and shape the grip locks into my hand better. And curling the pinky under the base plate locks it in even more.

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
My friend picked up a Gen 5 26 about a year ago - non front serration model. He has around 800 rounds through it using the Magpul Glock 12 round mags.

He is now only using them, he really likes the base plate.

I use them on my Gen 3 26 with a grip reduction for range mags, have around 1000 rounds through the three of them and no problems, but I still carry OEM 10 round mags - when I carry my 26.
I'm sure you'll agree that the issue arising with two independent shooters means that it's not just a fluke. Perhaps it has to do with earlier Gen 5 G26s or with a particular manufacturing lot of Pmag G26 magazines. Whatever the cae, there's something there to be considered.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]I'm sure you'll agree that the issue arising with two independent shooters means that it's not just a fluke. Perhaps it has to do with earlier Gen 5 G26s or with a particular manufacturing lot of Pmag G26 magazines. Whatever the cae, there's something there to be considered.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and like you posted earlier in the thread and I think most of us do already, proper testing of the mags (any mag really) will determine if they work for the individual.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I shot a G26 years ago and was surprised at how much fun it was to shoot and how accurate I was with it. Never bought one cause every time I saw one in person I just thought “what a short fat stumpy looking little pig that thing is”. Years later I bought a G43 and don’t like it or shoot it as well as the G26 and have recently thought about trading it for the G43X I handled at the LGS recently, however this all gets me thinking about the G26 instead of the G43X. The latest and greatest isn’t always the best.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Although I haven't shot my 26 in quite some time, I'm also one of those people who finds the 26 easier to shoot than the 19.

Maybe I'll pull the thing out of mothballs and see how it compares to the 19 again.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
The more I'm shooting the 26 lately, the more I'm wondering if I could put the 26 slide on my G19 gen 5.. The rails are not exact but the slide does go on and locks in..
It may be safer to use the magazine sleeves and stay with the 26 frame and just use longer mags.

I've got close to 300 rounds through the 26 now and I'm sure by the end of the weekend it will be over 500.

Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
The more I'm shooting the 26 lately, the more I'm wondering if I could put the 26 slide on my G19 gen 5.. The rails are not exact but the slide does go on and locks in..
It may be safer to use the magazine sleeves and stay with the 26 frame and just use longer mags.

I've got close to 300 rounds through the 26 now and I'm sure by the end of the weekend it will be over 500.

Update, can't use the 26 slide on the 19 the slide doesn't go back far enough to pick up a round from the mag. The slide does go on the frame but thats it.
Looks like the mag sleeves are the only way to extend the grip, I shoot the 26 best with the factory 10 round with the +2 extension on it though so thats where I'm at.
The "testing" was another 85 rounds mixed 115 and 124 ball.