SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CCR Refinishing: finishes: questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCR Refinishing: finishes: questions. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Recently purchased a Beretta 85, one of the Italian surplus ones. Overall, it's in excellent shape, considering the age. I guess I should be satisfied with the condition it's in. I really like this Beretta.

But bluing and I don't get along well. I want to carry this pistol, and not worry about rust, etc. I'm considering having it refinished , just curios about some things.

Electroless nickel/CCR version. Is the alloy frame plated too ? This is a classy, durable finish.

Cera Plate II Dusk: I've never seen this finish. Is it comparable to Satin Ion Bond in color? If I had CCR do the pistol in Dusk to stay with a black pistol, what is the frame finished with? My understanding, the Anodizing is not removed.
Is Dusk a Satin, or matte finish?

Hopefully Brad will answer, or perhaps a forum member can describe Dusk.
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
CCR does not plate aluminum alloy frame. They only plate steel. So, Nickel and CPII and Dusk are out of the question for your Beretta frame.

Dusk can vary from guns to guns, so guessing how a Dusk gun will look compared to Ionbond is really not possible.

If you want a black gun, best would be CPII Dusk slide and Cera-Hide black frame.

If you want a "white" gun, try CPII slide and Nikote frame.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Thank you, 12131.
I've had CCR do a CZ82 in CeraHide House Black, I guess that would be an option too.

I guess nickel plating can be applied to an alloy frame gun, if it's not been Anodized, say like at the Beretta factory.

I'm just more familiar with Ion Bond.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I guess nickel plating can be applied to an alloy frame gun, if it's not been Anodized, say like at the Beretta factory.

Or, in the case of the old factory Nickel P-series SIGs, which were already blued coming from Germany, they first had to strip the anodization in order to do the plating.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
CCR did my sig several years ago...I am very happy with it. Nice durable finish. Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Look at pics on the website...they show Dusk. They're my pics I offered to let CCR use to answer these very questions.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
CCR https://www.ccrrefinishing.com

For those of you who keep coming up with Creedance Clearwater Revival in your search.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
CCR is the best! Just let them know what look you're going for, and they'll give you the best option.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post