SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    More CZ addiction: new TSO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More CZ addiction: new TSO Login/Join 
posted
A few months ago on a trip to a few of Michigans better gun shops/sporting goods stores with my brother, where pickings were slim, I got the itch to buy a TSO. About a month later my local gun shop had one in stock which I checked out several times but just couldn’t make up my mind. It was very nice with a great trigger but there seemed to be a bit of noticeable play in the slide. On top of that it was damn expensive! After a short period of time it was gone.

I already owned a Shadow 2 blue/black, my first CZ, and I absolutely loved it. My local Sportsman’s Warehouse then put an AccuShadow 2 in the case not quite 2 months ago. It followed me home. Fast forward a couple of years, after I missed out on the TSO that same Sportsman’s Warehouse had a Shadow 2 Orange in the case for a pretty good price. This pistol was tight as could be, and with an exceptional trigger. Tack several rewards dollars on to that transaction and I did very well with that purchase. It is an amazing pistol (it damn well ought to be at the price I paid)!!

Still, I decided that if I found a TSO in 9mm that checked out I was going to snag it. Sportsman’s Warehouse actually had a TS2 in the case at a notably cheaper price than I would have expected to pay for a TSO, and it had a great trigger, but I decided that I really wanted the TSO. One of the stores my brother and I checked out a few months ago received one very recently so I made the 100 mile round trip on my Honda Magna to check it out today. Due to the panic this place quit putting 24 hour holds on pistols, so I knew I was taking a bit of a chance that it may not be there. A phone call a half hour before closing yesterday (8/4) verified it was still there and the sales guy behind the counter agreed to put it aside for me. I was there before it opened this morning, checked out the pistol, made the purchase and strapped the king sized case on my bike for the 50 mile ride home.

Any concerns I may have had about slide to frame play were immediately dispelled. This thing is TIGHT!! Even tighter than my S2O. It is tight even after cleaning and lubing it up. Trigger is just ridiculously light and crisp as well. I look forward to hitting the range tomorrow to put the first rounds through it. Hopefully I can do the pistol justice, and that it isn’t so tight as to require a breaking in period.

Obligatory CZ family picture:

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm home for a few days, so stopped by a favorite store this afternoon to look at an Accushadow, and was giving serious thought to leaving with either that, or a TSO. A friend behind the counter asked if I'd seen the Compact Bull Shadow, which they just got.

Used, but pristine, I put it on layaway and left.

Accushadow next time, maybe. Damn compact bull shadow. I couldn't pass it up.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I'm home for a few days, so stopped by a favorite store this afternoon to look at an Accushadow, and was giving serious thought to leaving with either that, or a TSO. A friend behind the counter asked if I'd seen the Compact Bull Shadow, which they just got.

Used, but pristine, I put it on layaway and left.

Accushadow next time, maybe. Damn compact bull shadow. I couldn't pass it up.

They can be addicting, can't they! Didn't even know a compact Bull Shadow was offered. I really like my AccuShadow 2, particularly the trigger which breaks a bit further from the frame than my other Shadows. Although the isn't quite as smooth as on my blue/black a trigger that releases further from the frame just works for me. It also has the most slide/frame play; not alot but it is there. Not really a limiting factor for a shooter of my abilities as I tend to shoot it slightly better than my S2O so far.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a bunch of CZ's at one time, my favorite being the 1st Gen Tactical Sport.
Ridiculously light trigger and I won a PPC match with it.
Great family photo.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:

They can be addicting, can't they! Didn't even know a compact Bull Shadow was offered.

I didn't, either; I'd never seen one, nor heard of it. Zero perceptible play in the slide/frame, or barrel lockup, great double action trigger, and even came with LOK grips.

I have a bull shadow with a single action trigger that drives tacks and weighs as much as a buick. I put a funnel on it and fiber sights, and it's great. The compact was a surprise, and while I went there to look at something else, I couldn't pass it up. I've made the mistake of going home to think about a pistol a few times, and when I went back, the pistol was gone. Not this time.

I just wish it had checkering for the front strap and back strap...but skateboard tape will have to do.

Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I've had a TSO for 2 years now and it has as good a trigger than my Sig 210 American but not quite as light as a Caspian custom race gun. That said I find that I have a hard time shooting the TSO slow. Accuracy is almost as good as the P-210.
Nice grouping of CZ's.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection you have (started) there!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took the new TSO to the range where I met my brother. Along with the TSO I brought my S2O and SIG P226 Legion SAO.

Everything you may have heard about the TSO is as advertised. Very little recoil, very accurate, great trigger and ergos. I shot it about as well as I am capable of shooting a new pistol. One little piece of advice about shooting a TSO….don’t attempt to stage the trigger! There is no staging the trigger on a TSO!! If you attempt it you will sling lead before you intend!!! I shot several different kinds of ammo, including Remington and Winchester range ammo and SIG 115 and 124 gr Fuji. However it did not run 100%, failing to return to battery three times in about 75-100 rounds. As I stated previously, this thing is TIGHT!!! I also found I have to bump up the rear sight a bit as I tended to shoot it low.

I was more than happy with the S2O! I have been experimenting with different weight mainsprings in this pistol, with this last one being a 10lb spring. I shot the S2O better than the TSO, about as well as I think I am able to shoot a pistol, given a limited amount of rounds fired. Must have been a good range day for me as I also shot the SIG very well.

I am finding that I am an interesting phenomenon that I have noticed lately, especially since buying the S2O. When I go to the range to shoot a particular pistol, for example a new pistol or one that I have made changes to I tend to shoot the second pistol better than the primary one. Today I shot the S2O better than the TSO. Prior when taking the S2O as a new pistol or to evaluate a change I also shot my AccuShadow 2, and shot it better. Obviously I am battling some issues in my head as well as the effects of time.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I like this thread. Congrats on the new pistol, and especially that collection. Enjoy that TSO.

Recently, I was eyeballing some CZ's. Looked at a Shadow 2 SA, TS2 and TSO. They were all nice and I wouldn't mind owning any or all, but damn the TSO is impressive. These threads definitely keep the fire burning. Big Grin

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I like this thread. Congrats on the new pistol, and especially that collection. Enjoy that TSO.

Recently, I was eyeballing some CZ's. Looked at a Shadow 2 SA, TS2 and TSO. They were all nice and I wouldn't mind owning any or all, but damn the TSO is impressive. These threads definitely keep the fire burning. Big Grin

Thank you! It’s nice to hear that at least someone has an interest in my posts Wink.

I seriously considered the TS2. My local Sportsman’s Warehouse had one in the counter for a couple of weeks and I checked it out several times. Was very nice, and would have ended up over $400 cheaper, but I figured if I was going to spend stupid money I would shoot for the moon and get what I wanted. Although all overkill for a shooter like me I really liked the hand fitting, the aluminum mag well and trigger, and the polished barrel and slide rails. Those are the same reasons I really wanted the S2O even though I already owned a really nice blue/black Shadow 2 and a very nice AccuShadow 2.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I go to the range to shoot a particular pistol, for example a new pistol or one that I have made changes to I tend to shoot the second pistol better than the primary one.

Sounds like you need to buy another gun so you can reach the full potential of the TSO Wink. Very nice score and a beautiful collection you have there!

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
When I go to the range to shoot a particular pistol, for example a new pistol or one that I have made changes to I tend to shoot the second pistol better than the primary one.

Sounds like you need to buy another gun so you can reach the full potential of the TSO Wink. Very nice score and a beautiful collection you have there!

Wink. OR…I should shoot the 2nd one first Razz

Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I love my CZ's I have a Parrot and a TSO.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I still have not shot my TSO yet, need to get out with it soon. Tested the trigger out though and it’s sub 2# so it should be nice. My local gun store still has like 16 TSO’s, at least 3-4 Chechmates, a few A-01’s, a few anniversary engraved 75’s, and a handful of TS2/Shadow 2’s. The stock they keep is amazing.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! Enjoy it!

I bought one as well about a week ago. This may be my new favorite gun! I put 120 flawless rounds through it. This thing shoots great! The 1.4 pound trigger pull and the weight of the gun are just amazing.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ makes some nice stuff!! While I still love my classic SIGs and own 4 high end Beretta 92s and am a late comer to the CZ game I am sold! The S2O and the TSO are actually my 4th & fifth CZs as I bought a 457 American bolt action .22 a while back. My brother commented on the fit, feel, finish and quality of the S2O and TSO by saying he could really see the qualitative difference between what he owns and the CZ's (he is a much wiser man with his money than I am Wink)

posted Hide Post
Indeed that's an extremely sweet cache of CZs you've got going on there. Infectious, ain't it?

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI on the CZ Bull Shadow--SNS3Guppy. To fieldstrip the Bull Shadow requires the "Kimber" take down tool--aka paperclip.
I can't locate the CZ Custom shop instructions but here's the Kimber instructions.

https://kydexowbholsters.com/k...carry-ii-disassembly

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bull shadow now. The one I just put on layaway is a compact bull shadow, which is why it caught my attention.

The one feature I didn't like about the TSO and accushadow, is the lack of a prominent safety lever on the right side. On a pistol like a 1911, a single side safety is stronger, less obtrusive, etc, but on the CZ pistols, the safety rides long and forward, and I have a hard time activating it with my thumb.

I usually use my trigger finger and my thumb to engage the safety, so I need the lever on the right side to raise the safety with my pointer finger. I'll pick up an accushadow, but it's going to get a different lever on the right.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I have a bull shadow now. The one I just put on layaway is a compact bull shadow, which is why it caught my attention.

The one feature I didn't like about the TSO and accushadow, is the lack of a prominent safety lever on the right side. On a pistol like a 1911, a single side safety is stronger, less obtrusive, etc, but on the CZ pistols, the safety rides long and forward, and I have a hard time activating it with my thumb.

I usually use my trigger finger and my thumb to engage the safety, so I need the lever on the right side to raise the safety with my pointer finger. I'll pick up an accushadow, but it's going to get a different lever on the right.

Please let us know how you like the compact Bull Shadow!

I usually engage the safety with my right thumb so I haven't had any problems. Honestly I haven't had much of an occasion to use it on the TSO so far. Being a Beretta/SIG guy from way back that just seems normal to me, not to mention that all my current Beretta 92s have decockers anyhow except my 92X Performance. In fact, although they came in the box I haven't installed the extended safety on my Shadow 2 blue/black or the AccuShadow 2. It came installed on the S2O. I don't really have any interest in switching them over either.