Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 MAX Login/Join 
posted
Well I must be brain dead because I, for what reason I don't know, never saw and didn't know anything about the P320MAX. I was doing some searching of the Internet and up pops the P320MAX. At first I thought it was someones custom gun, then I find out it's a Sig Sauer custom gun.

This is one super P320 at a pretty super price of $1500 also. Anyone here have one? IMO this gun is really good looking. From what they say it's not just good looking it's a great competition gun. So here I go again looking around for a deal and there doesn't seem to be any, it must be a recent creation by Sig. Sig is starting to get to deep into my pockets with all the great stuff they keep bringing out for the 320/365. I now have 3-custom p320's I've built and working on a. 4th.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P320 is pretty much a P320 is pretty much a P320.

Wilson's "custom" P320 is cosmetic. Sig's designer slides that look like they're waiting to gather dirt and crud and snag on everything in sight...are cosmetic. Most of what's advertised out there is cosmetic, which is okay for "hey, look-at-me" pistols, but doesn't do squat to enhance them in any way as a pistol.

The tungsten TXG grip is nice. Slap a flat competition trigger kit in it and it turns out to be a pretty darn reliable, accurate, easy to handle pistol.

Fifteen hundred bucks? I can buy several P320's for that and add a trigger, put on the sights I like, and won't have any less a pistol than the 1500 dollar version (minus the cosmetics).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya I hear ya. In the last 6 months I purchased 3 new 320 2Xcompacts and 1- 320 compact the 2 XCompacts cost $525 and the 320 compact was $454 delivered. As I said I finished 3 -320s the way I wanted them and the 4th is underway.
I just never saw a 320 MAX before, it looks good but it's pricey. None of my customs even come close to the 320MAX and some have custom slides, triggers, sights, red dots, grip modules etc etc. The interesting point with the p320 is you can switch around parts and make different guns when you wish.

I just didn't have a full size 320 and I really like the slide on the MAX, who knows maybe Sig will make it available as a part.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It’s exactly a P320 Legion with a Romeo 3 Max optic (which is $600). If you want that gun, all this does is save a headache trying to find the parts.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
It’s exactly a P320 Legion with a Romeo 3 Max optic (which is $600). If you want that gun, all this does is save a headache trying to find the parts.

Not exactly. The Max has no regular sight cuts. Just the cut for the Romeo3Max. And the different slide serrations, of course. I think it's a waste of money unless you're actually going to compete in USPSA with it.

Posts: 3389 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So mechanically it's a X-5 legion hum. But I know the slide isn't a X5 legion. it's completely different. I just got pictures of it and that's the part I'm interested in because it's so different. I would rather have a x5 NON-legion ( WHICH SIG DOESN'T MAKE ANY MORE) with that slide.
The X5 legion is a very heavy gun with the grip module, plus that grip module feels too big for me. I can't shoot competition any more so the legion doesn't do much for me.

posted Hide Post
If you like the custom shop stuff, good for you. If other folks want to piddle around with the cheap stuff, let them, bless their hearts. I like custom shop stuff too, but I look for bargains.I recently bought a 320 Scorpion AXG from a guy wanting to remodel his kitchen for an obscenely low price, about half retail. It was unfired and not yet registered with Sig, still in the oily plastic wrap.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
If you like the custom shop stuff, good for you. If other folks want to piddle around with the cheap stuff, let them, bless their hearts. I like custom shop stuff too, but I look for bargains.I recently bought a 320 Scorpion AXG from a guy wanting to remodel his kitchen for an obscenely low price, about half retail. It was unfired and not yet registered with Sig, still in the oily plastic wrap.

Pretty sure it was his wife wanting to remodel the kitchen.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he skips the remodel he can buy 100 new 320's and still have money left over for a new comfortable couch to sleep on. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss the days when 1500 got you a real X5.. not a gussied up plastic striker gun. I just could never pay more than say 700 for a plastic pistol. In the end they are not spending nearly as much to manufacture a polymer gun as they do an aluminum or steel one

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just had to respond to the WCP is cosmetic only. ALL custom guns are quote cosmetic otherwise they would not sell. The grip module on the Wilsonnis a very different feel than the factory module. The mag release is easier to access as well. The grey guns comp trigger isn’t cosmetic for sure and is great. The diamond checkering on the slide has to be used to be appreciated. It also has
a superior finish to factory models. The sights are an upgrade if you like a u sight otherwise not.
I own 3 P320s and 2are factory, one’s the WCP 320..all are good as we all know. But the custom touches on the Wilson absolutely set it apart.

Posts: 384 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
If you like the custom shop stuff, good for you. If other folks want to piddle around with the cheap stuff, let them, bless their hearts. I like custom shop stuff too, but I look for bargains.I recently bought a 320 Scorpion AXG from a guy wanting to remodel his kitchen for an obscenely low price, about half retail. It was unfired and not yet registered with Sig, still in the oily plastic
wrap.

Get out of here 1/2 the price, When you get tired of it I'll pay you what you paid haha I've had interest in the Scorpion at a price for some time.

I the mean time I've purchased a Killer Innovations slide and built a super gun, it looks great and it shoots as really good.

I'm in the hunt for a Norsso Reptile slide now but haven't found one, they're all sold out the hunt goes on

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 126911:
Just had to respond to the WCP is cosmetic only. ALL custom guns are quote cosmetic otherwise they would not sell. The grip module on the Wilsonnis a very different feel than the factory module. The mag release is easier to access as well. The grey guns comp trigger isn’t cosmetic for sure and is great. The diamond checkering on the slide has to be used to be appreciated. It also has
a superior finish to factory models. The sights are an upgrade if you like a u sight otherwise not.
I own 3 P320s and 2are factory, one’s the WCP 320..all are good as we all know. But the custom touches on the Wilson absolutely set it apart.

I don't think anyone is dissing your Wilson Combat, it's a real super gun. Wilson does some amazing things to guns for about 50 years. I know I shot their WC 1911's a long time ago. I don't shoot comp. any more but I acutely remember the guns.

Wilson makes a very good 320 but most don't know about Wilsons history. You've got a great gun.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I miss the days when 1500 got you a real X5.. not a gussied up plastic striker gun. I just could never pay more than say 700 for a plastic pistol. In the end they are not spending nearly as much to manufacture a polymer gun as they do an aluminum or steel one

The Sig X5 is in the top 5 guns on my list but sadly it's price has moved up until it's just not worth it to me, last I saw the one I like is approx. $3500 that's not going to happen.

Like the aluminum AXG module,, in the 320 it makes the gun feel exactly like the all steel guns yet lighter, which I like but compared to polymer guns the AXG guns are considerably heavier and some will think it's to heavy. All said I'm in the hunt for a AXG module, I like them and it will make up my next build.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjc:
I don't think anyone is dissing your Wilson Combat, it's a real super gun. Wilson does some amazing things to guns for about 50 years. I know I shot their WC 1911's a long time ago. I don't shoot comp. any more but I acutely remember the guns.

Wilson makes a very good 320 but most don't know about Wilsons history. You've got a great gun.

The guns that Wilson makes are excellent, but they don't make a custom P320 like they make a custom 1911. It's a parts gun put together like a regular P320 with a Sig slide blank that Wilson dolls up, their $60 frame, and a stock Sig FCU. Even their trigger upgrade is the GreyGuns kit anyone can buy.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jjc:

Wilson makes a very good 320 but most don't know
about Wilsons history. You've got a great gun.[/QUOTEThe guns that Wilson makes are excellent, but they don't make a custom P320 like they make a custom 1911. It's a parts gun put together like a regular P320 with a Sig slide blank that Wilson dolls up, their $60 frame, and a stock Sig FCU
Even their trigger upgrade is the GreyGuns kit
anyone can buy.

Well that's what the P320 is, a modular gun. Wilsons p320 is a similar price to the Sig 320 custom shop guns. IMO I think it's a super nice good looking gun.

Why would a company go through designing new triggers, when there are many very good triggers out there now. I have no knowledge whether Wilson does anything to the Sigs FCU. but I do know Sig does very little to the Custom FCU it's selling now in their custom guns.

Serious custom guns today are expensive 1911's pushing $4000. so yes you are right the Wilsons gun is basically a parts gun but it's price reflects that. There is no market for $3000/4000 custom 320's IMO.

So we have ended up with a modular gun, that allows a person to put together the parts and end up with what he wants. I think Sig hit all the nails on all the heads with the modular platform. I've built 3 -320's now and another in the works. I'm happy

posted Hide Post
Ho Hum guess what almost all custom guns are parts guns “dolled up” That is a great thing. My only point in this thread was WC isn’t just a spray painted Sig. Yes you could buy and assemble all the components yourself. It might even be a great gun but you sure could not get a good resale on it.
Great discussion, All the best

Posts: 384 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is one super P320 at a pretty super price of $1500 also. Anyone here have one? IMO this gun is really good looking. From what they say it's not just good looking it's a great competition gun.

It is a ready to go out of box USPSA Carry Optics package. Multiple folks I shoot with run it. The optic on it is widely considered to be the best performance optic but not necessarily the most durable. Very soft shooting but so are all TXG 320s. Trigger is good out of box although gamers will always mess with the triggers. Nice looking cosmetics but I am not sure if functionality is better.

Biggest asset is the value if a) you want to shoot CO and b) you can find a deal or you just don't want to spend time on putting stuff together. You get gun, optic and mags that you can take out of box and go to the Nationals with but you can also put equally functional package together yourself.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, all custom guns aren't cosmetic. The Wilson P320 is. The slapped a grayguns trigger in it. Anyone can do that; that's why grayguns makes them like that. I have grayguns triggers in most of my P320's, and their competition triggers in my competition P320's.

The mag release is..ho-hum. The grip module is fine...I have them on a number of P320's and like them...but that's a sixty dollar part that anybody can buy and put on in under a minute. So far as cosmetic patterns on the slide...cosmetic. That's not what a custom gun is. I have a number of custom firearms...the Wilson P320 is not. It's lipstick, and they sell it for nearly three times what I paid for any of my P320's. I've handledl the Wilsons, and I like Wilson, and own a number of Wilson 1911's and other Wilson fireamrms, parts, etc...but I wouldn't bother with their P320. So far as the sights go...I've put sights on all the P320's, easy to do...and not worth the price tag either. For some it may be, but those are usually the same people who are content to pay retail, and I'm not...so I wouldn't spend the money on the Wilson P320. I can get a lot more pistol out of a P320, for less money. The difference can go for primers, powder, and bullets.

1,500 for the max? Pass.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out for the AXG Scorpion X5 Legion Max Delta Spectre Xtreme SEALs edition

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post