SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger P90DC

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ruger P90DC Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
I traded for one of these today (an XD45 I was pretty "meh" about).
It's still the tank I remember it being.
Question: how scarce are parts getting for these handguns? Still plentiful I hope....

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Can't answer your question but:

The P90 was the first handgun I ever purchased back in 1994. After literally thousands and thousands of rounds I have never had an issue nor a failure of any kind. That old story about Rugers being built strong as hell certainly held true in my case. Hope you have the same experience.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i hope to get this thing to the range this week. If it shoots anything like the P95DC I had years ago I'll be pleased as punch.
Picking up one of these old P series Rugers, you just know you have hold of a weapon you can depend on.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
i hope to get this thing to the range this week. If it shoots anything like the P95DC I had years ago I'll be pleased as punch.
Picking up one of these old P series Rugers, you just know you have hold of a weapon you can depend on.

I think you will be very pleased, because it is more fun to shoot than the P95DC. All metal .45 vs polymer 9mm? You do the math. Imo, Ruger's finest were the all metal P-series centerfire guns of theirs.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Ruger P90 maybe a year ago it was mint no box for 350 and extra fact mags that were 10 a piece . the gun fit right into an older Desantis black leather thumb brake with basket weave on it . This gun has been perfect . also have a P95 all blue and that thing is a tac driver . My son works a FED job and when they need a gun they still give out a RUGER.

posted Hide Post
When I picked up the P90 45 auto I was not looking for one that day . I just new I had to take it home .

Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
My first combat pistol was a p90dc. I loved that tbing. I ran it till it rattled like an old WWII 1911. Traded it in on a springer ultra compact, and never looked back. Great gun.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In his book, Combat Hand gunnery , Mas Ayoob mentioned them numerous times . So I went and got one. that was 12 years ago,and I still have it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
They're the go-to gun for fighting terrorists in hotel bathrooms.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot it today. So did my son.
Yeah, it's a keeper.
Ruger and "tank-like" always seem to end up in the sentences, don't they?

I know all of y'all have detailed images of this iconic handgun in your minds eye, but...
This thing has rails wide enough to pass for tire beads on semi wheels. The controls are big. You can't miss them when your adrenal glands turn your ivory tickling digits into seal flippers. This thing begs to be shot.

My particular example doesn't rattle like most Ruger P-series pistols that I've been around (even new ones).
Is it accurate? Yep. It has simple but effective 3-dot sights.

No palm swell, no trigger guard undercut, no beavertail, no fancy stippling or serrations. But it's still comfortable to shoot.
It does have a couple great big honking decocking levers that make handles for racking the slide.

What a great pistol.

posted Hide Post
The p80 and p90 series rugers are imho the most underrated budget guns. They preform like modern guns a couple hundred more expensive. They just look like a smith 59 mated with bryco jennings.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The pistol has been discontinued but some folks have written success working with ruger to get a repair done. I understand very limited parts are on hand for factory repairs only. One weak point is the magazine release spring and no one has spares. If you insert magazines gently and don't mash with the heal of your hand, this part should not break. These are great pistols and should have never been discontinued. DC is the best model.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A good friend has one of these which he bought when they first came out. He still has it, likes it a lot but does not shoot it much. Hmmm… maybe now's the time to ask if it's for sale? I shot it when he bought it back then and liked it but never got one for some reason or other. Very soft shooting pistol. Like someone else said, Ruger and the word tank like go together in the same sentence. The P90 might be a little clunky but it sure is well built!

posted Hide Post
This post made me think of mine so I got it out gave it a look over and went shooting it ran great only fired about 30 rounds but does it shoot . I did find extra fact mags new in the junk box for 10 each , I took them home .