SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Changing up my carry gun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing up my carry gun. Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
I’ve decided I’m going to carry my 365 as my main carry gun. I have the 365 slide on the 365xl frame and with the flush magazine I get a total round count of thirteen. I’m sacrificing three rounds compared to my Glock 19 but the trigger on the 365 is much better and it’s smaller, lighter and easier to conceal. Just my thoughts.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
I am still undecided on getting a 365 versus the 43x or 48.

Can you provide more info on the benefit of the 365 slide on the 365 xl frame?

Thank you,

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I struggle with the same. I have multiple G19’s that I used to carry a lot. Then Came the shield, the 43...etc. I have a 43 I like a lot but the math still goes to the P365...so I’m going to sell a G19 for a second one.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't feel unarmed with the G43 but the advantages of the 365 are significant. Who can say no to a smaller package with more rounds? The XL looks like a great pistol but I haven't handled one yet. I'll pick up a 365 and maybe an XL eventually.Until then, the Glock serves me well.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:

The only functional difference is that the grip is slightly longer, with 12 round flush fit magazines instead of 10 round magazines.

It's the same grip length as a standard P365 with an extended 12 round magazine inserted:

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:

The only functional difference is that the grip is slightly longer, with 12 round flush fit magazines instead of 10 round magazines.

It's the same grip length as a standard P365 with an extended 12 round magazine inserted.

I like the look of your setup, but I'm wondering what the practical difference is since most people tend to carry IWB, hence the longer barrel of the standard P365XL isn't a concealment issue.

Any interest on your part to carry with a micro RDS? While I'm comfortable carrying a standard sized P365, the RDS feature does appeal to me, though it would require the purchase of a new holster.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the XL frame on mine. It's got a little more backstrap and is mildly quicker to reload since part of your gripping surface is not going with the reload. I don't find it that much harder to conceal, but obviously holster, carry position, body type, etc. are all factors.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Thank you, RogueJSK. Appreciate the visual explanation, very helpful to me.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
hence the longer barrel of the standard P365XL isn't a concealment issue.

Appendix carry is why I prefer the XL frame with the original slide.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've been pocket carrying my standard 365 for two years now, along with a fifteen round magazine for a reload. It's my daily carry/go-to pistol. If I feel the need, I simply add on another, larger pistol such as my G31.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I carry the 365 it is with the 12 round mag. I did purchase the fingertip extensions for the 10 rounders which make a big difference. For maybe 90% of the time I still prefer a larger handgun as awesome as the 365 is.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have also gone back and forth with what to carry and the 365 gives me the best options for it's size. I just got a 12 round mag w/extension from CDNN,I believe for $39.00. It gives me a better hold than the 10 round with pinky extension without having to get a XL frame, although I want one as well. I thought about the 15 round mag but it seems counterproductive as it makes the pistol much larger to conceal for me.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
I have the 365 slide on the 365xl frame and with the flush magazine

Is this a thing? How may folks are doing this? What are the pros/cons of a 365/xl swap vs 320 cary/sub swap?

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I thought about the 15 round mag but it seems counterproductive as it makes the pistol much larger to conceal for me.

Carry the gun with a 10 or 12 round magazine in it. Then carry 15 round magazines as spares/reloads.

quote:
Originally posted by neex:
What are the pros/cons of a 365/xl swap vs 320 cary/sub swap?

The P365 has a similar FCU/chassis system to the P320, but it's not quite as quick and easy to swap around. The P365 FCU is held in by the rear crosspin, which has to be punched out to swap the XL grip in:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qy02gp5NsA

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents, I know the Sig is a fine pistol, but I think your making a mistake by going to the smaller pistol. Stick with a medium size pistol...you'll shoot it better and get a bit more magazine capacity...if you need it.

That's only based on 69 years of age, two combat tours, and my years as an instructor.

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a P365, Wes?

I think you'd be surprised how well it shoots. It's not the typical snappy, hard to hang onto micro-compact pistol. It shoots as well as a mid-sized handgun, while being a bit easier to conceal.

And as for magazine capacity, you have your choice of 10, 12, and even up to 15 round magazines available. 12-15 is the same or better than many of the larger popular carry guns. (And I suspect probably higher capacity than the handguns you carried during your combat tours back in the day...)

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you tried a P365, Wes?

I think you'd be surprised how well it shoots. It's not the typical snappy, hard to hang onto micro-compact pistol. It shoots as well as a mid-sized handgun, while being a bit easier to conceal.

And as for magazine capacity, you have your choice of 10, 12, and even up to 15 round magazines available. 12-15 is the same or better than many of the larger popular carry guns. (And I suspect probably higher capacity than the handguns you carried during your combat tours back in the day...)

Yeah I think shooting is definitely believing with the P365. I bought it as a subcompact gun to replace my G48 when I needed something a bit more discreet but after shooting the P365 it has replaced my G48. I’m actually still amazed every time I shoot it at how easy it is to shoot and how accurate it is.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently started carrying the XL myself. Very impressed.

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

Posts: 16 | Location: NW FL  | Registered: February 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:

... I think you'd be surprised how well it shoots. It's not the typical snappy, hard to hang onto micro-compact pistol. It shoots as well as a mid-sized handgun, while being a bit easier to conceal.

And as for magazine capacity, you have your choice of 10, 12, and even up to 15 round magazines available. 12-15 is the same or better than many of the larger popular carry guns...

Rogue, Please stop trying to confuse us with the facts. Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
I’ve decided I’m going to carry my 365 as my main carry gun. I have the 365 slide on the 365xl frame and with the flush magazine I get a total round count of thirteen. I’m sacrificing three rounds compared to my Glock 19 but the trigger on the 365 is much better and it’s smaller, lighter and easier to conceal. Just my thoughts.

+1 on the P365 with the XL Grip module. I am in NY so we are limited to 10 rd magazines, but the added grip length makes a big difference for me and it still conceals very well in front pocket in a leather pocket holster(365 fits most P290 holsters).

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post