SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's the deal with Glocks here?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What's the deal with Glocks here? Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Okay, I'm not really wanting to be a troll here... but I'm always curious why on this SIG SAUER forum it seems a lot of the pistol owners here are always talking about their Glocks....

I really can't imagine me going on a Glock forum and talking about my Sigs or Rugers... but I guess if I was going to do that I would have to first buy a Glock...

I'm not a Glock fan but that is a little hypocritical in that I have probably over the last 20 years shot maybe 4 different ones and then only a few rounds through each.... so, I'm thinking my anti-glock view is more of a tribal thing....

but still... what's the deal here with all the Glock talk?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
SigForum is a community. We discuss all manner of things, well beyond just Sigs, or even just guns.

Besides, we're not just Sig owners... Most members here owns more than just Sigs. Hell, some members don't even own any Sigs. (And a few don't own any guns at all.)

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
what Rogue said

some boards are full of 'fan boys' and people who aren't googly eyed fan boys are driven off

Sigforum is pretty good about appreciating the various point / counterpoint arguments

as long as people are respectful / objective I think most opinions are represented.

plenty of Sig fans here. And Glock. and HK. And S&W. And Beretta, etc.

Good variety IMO.

And after 35+ years of success it's hard to argue Glock doesn't make a respectable line of polymer guns that form the benchmark for every other manufacturer.

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There's also a following here of nearly every other big name pistol. Maybe none are quite as big as the Glock following, but then none of them have sold as many guns in the last thirty years, either.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the beauty of this forum. Lots of knowledge and experience passed around about a lot of things\firearms

posted Hide Post
As stated above, it's the difference in Forum Culture.

On the other forum, when you're in the Glock section and post about anything other than Glock you will get admonished and your thread/post is moved.

Even non-OEM modifications are frowned upon.
It's entertaining at times.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Where else on the intergoogle can you discuss (and learn about) all manner of firearms without fear?
Only Sig Forum.
And fine cat photos too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I predict...you will buy a GLOCK.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
SigForum is a community. We discuss all manner of things, well beyond just Sigs, or even just guns......

Yep. Thanks to Para, this is a civilized forum unlike some others.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Report This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Yeah, yeah, what everyone else has said about this forum. But how ‘bout ‘Cause the boss likes ‘em? Wink

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Cuz most of us are GUN folks....NOT SIG folks.

Hell if it has a trigger, that when pressed expels a projectile safely and fairly accurately......I am sold. Big Grin

I would venture more then a few of us here have everything from SIGs, to Glocks to CZs, to....to....to.....to.......to...nail guns. Big Grin

Besides like I have always said. Whether or not you personally like Glocks or whether or not they work for you or not (which is totally fine) if you are intellectually honest with yourself you have to admit they are fantastic guns. I mean I am not a Glock fanatic by any stretch but damn if they are not a great gun.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Okay, I'm not really wanting to be a troll here...
Moderated Status, seven days, and if you come back and again show your ass like this - as if today was the first day you've ever seen this place- I'm going to remove your posting rights.

Got that, troll?

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post