New
Find
Notify
Tools

P232 in 9mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Genorogers, I notice the "AA" date code on your P232 means it was made in the year 2000.

Never paid attention to the date code but you're correct.

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Date codes generally mean proof date or export dates vs. manufacturing dates. They can be the same but not always.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perhaps SIG had some leftover .32 ACP barrels from the Japanese contract P230 in .32 ACP.

It wouldn't be the first time that SIG produced a small run of pistols in order to use up old parts.

Posts: 107650 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
They would have had to been unfinished barrels as the extractor cut is larger on the P230's than P232's so if the gun is P232 and has all the upgrades, the barrels would need the smaller cut.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any way to tell from the serial number how many were made in the batch ? I talked with two Sig CS reps, sent them pics, and they were dumbfounded. Couldn't tell me squat but maybe I was talking to the wrong guys.

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Unless something has changed radically at SIG-Sauer, the customer service personnel who answer the phones know only what their computer tells them. It's not my intention to be insulting; it just seems to be the case.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107650 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Unless something has changed radically at SIG-Sauer, the customer service personnel who answer the phones know only what their computer tells them. It's not my intention to be insulting; it just seems to be the case.

This was 5-6 years ago and I got that impression when I spoke about this pistol. Thanks Para