SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL and comp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL and comp Login/Join 
Picture of NavAirMech
posted
anybody have an XL with a standard lentgh 365 slide and threaded barrel with a comp? Can you post up pics? I have the opportunity to acquire a standard 365 slide, but I have an XL, so thought about maybe getting threaded barrel and putting a comp on it. bad idea?

"I can imagine a no more rewarding career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." ~ JFK

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 11, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Be better if you just look to acquire a X Macro comp slide. All factory and still uses the original 3.1-inch barrel, instead of having to look for an aftermarket threaded barrel and a separate comp.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The factory “comp” can be worth it value-wise if buying new, but if you already have the short slide, a real comp (and not just a short barrel and ported slide with no blast chamber) will be more beneficial in reducing muzzle rise. Pistol-forum.com has a good amount of information from many users who have done just that. The Parker Mountain Machine comp and barrel seems to be the best option currently.

I’m thinking of getting into a 365 for just this reason.

Posts: 166 | Registered: March 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This video has great views of the two setups you're talking about. Also, general consensus is a barrel-mounted comp will be more effective than the slide-cut comp. On the other hand, the slide-cut comp is more convenient to disassemble and less sensitive to ammo types.

https://youtu.be/ICon7fqazPk?si=xZpRtBUozbBIZZeZ

Posts: 36 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post