SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    9mm 1911 project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm 1911 project Login/Join 
posted
I’ve been working on this off and on (mostly off the last year and a half!)

I finally got motivated to finish working on the last surface polishing when it struck me it might be a good idea to make sure it works before doing the high polish…

So I got to try remembering how a 1911 goes back together. Seems to function ok with dummy rounds, I will be trying for a range trip tomorrow.

Bill R

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Nice classic lines and no billboard lettering to be found.

Let us know how awesome it shoots.

Posts: 9223 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I really like that...if it shoots as good as it looks you'll definitely have a keeper! I've always wanted to do a 1911 build but have been scared off by the cost...one of these days I'm going to just bite the bullet and do it.

Posts: 8797 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super clean look, I like it. Hoping it shoots great.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool!

Nice classic lines and no billboard lettering to be found.

Let us know how awesome it shoots.

Started out with some “extra” markings… it was an ATI frame and slide. Took a bit of work getting it down to a clean look.

And getting the grip safety fitted.

Other than that it wasn’t too bad, just a super rough external finish.

Bill R

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well… It works!

Got through a hundred rounds just fine. I forgot how nice a 1911 trigger can be!

Now just got to figure out if I am brave enough to try rust blueing for the first time.

Bill R

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could send it to Ford's or a similar quality firearms finisher? CCR?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5141 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

It looks fine as it is, but if you'd want to try to blue it up, that would make it even better.

I think the only problem you'll have with it is running out of ammo.

Big Grin

Posts: 9223 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice to see it works! If you do decide to rust blue, make sure you get it 100% degreased first. I have done a couple of guns using Mark Lee Express Blue and it works pretty well but if there's any oil at all the bluing won't be even.

Posts: 8797 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post