SIGforum
Padding the stats: NAA PUG-T

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8240054864

April 03, 2020, 03:43 PM
fpuhan
Padding the stats: NAA PUG-T
I did my part today, trying to crash the NICS system. Knowing that firearms sales are going through the roof (Maryland democrats are trying to get gun stores closed right now because they make them "nervous." But that's another story), I felt it my duty to add to the number.

So, I came home today with my new North American Arms PUG-T. Chambered in the small (but LOUD) .22Mag, this little pocket revolver with the unique safety design slips into any pocket and make a ND nearly impossible.

Pictured next to my Seecamp .32, which is only marginally larger. Now it's time to re-focus on big, long guns!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
April 03, 2020, 04:07 PM
.38supersig
Cool.

Those NAA revolvers do tend to multiply. Wink

April 03, 2020, 04:23 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
...unique safety design...
Far from unique. This is a safety feature carried over from the percussion revolver era.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
April 04, 2020, 08:28 AM
Sunset_Va
You shoot that thing and will end up with tinnitus the rest of your life.

Ask me how I know.

美しい犬
April 04, 2020, 05:09 PM
Pickle Rick
fpuhan ..... no email. I have a PUG T NAA Brand pocket holster. Still in package. Fits perfect will hold additional 5 rounds of .22 Mag. ( free ). All I as k is that you will use it. Not sell and post a pic with the pug holster. Email me, my email is in my profile. Totally free. I guess we'll call it targeted KARMA. Yours in sport. John aka Pickle Rick. PS with corona not sure when I Can ship. Not for open sale unless fpuhan declines my offer. Many thanks, Pickle Rick.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pickle Rick,

April 04, 2020, 05:17 PM
fpuhan
Pickle Rick: Email sent with my thanks!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

April 04, 2020, 07:01 PM
esdunbar
I have a .22 mag sidewinder. Neat little revolver, but I can’t hit a darn thing with it!
April 04, 2020, 07:59 PM
fpuhan
Someone said the PUG is a "Get the 'H' out of here" gun. If five rounds doesn't stop a perp, then it's time to get the H out of here!

April 04, 2020, 08:04 PM
fpuhan
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
...unique safety design...
Far from unique. This is a safety feature carried over from the percussion revolver era.

I did not know this. I was going by NAA's description, which reads, "North American Arms Mini-Revolvers are equipped with a unique safety cylinder, giving you maximum protection against accidental discharge."

"Unique" is a word that is often mis-used, or overused.

April 04, 2020, 08:22 PM
straightshooter1
I posted somewhere else here a few weeks ago that I'd pickled up a NAA Ranger with the swing out cylinder.

I have determined for me it is just about as time consuming to reload the Ranger as the ones you reload by removing the rod and cylinder. It's so little and the ejection stroke only raises the fired cartridge casing an itty bit above the cylinder so one has to pick them out-not easy for this fat fingered old man.

So, I'm trading it back to my buddy for a Pug.

Bob
April 05, 2020, 04:11 PM
straightshooter1
Well, I picked up the Pug today. Fired cartridge is dated 2010, but the Pug doesn't look to have been fired.

I don't know that I've ever paid any attention to the Pug before, but I really like the feel of it, love those sights and I can load it pretty quickly (okay, not as quick as a mag change but ...).

I'll try to shoot it this week and see if, like every other NAA I've ever owned, this one shoots reallllll high.

Bob
April 05, 2020, 05:12 PM
leonidas211
I owned an NAA (forgot the model, older one)

Then I saw a PUG, had to have it. THEN I saw PUG "DUDE" edition, had to have that.

The "DUDE" edition has now become a constant companion, you can literally have it everywhere.

Is it ideal? No, but something is better then nothing. Even if you do not hit the target, everything in the vicinity never hears again.

Love them.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member
June 18, 2022, 02:56 PM
10x Sniper
I just noticed that there are now ported PUG models. Those have to be loud? And a Black finished Pug.