SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    80% G43 lower that uses SIG P365 mags.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

80% G43 lower that uses SIG P365 mags. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
I don’t even know what to think about things anymore.
G4365

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Damn. That’s smart.

I’d be more comfortable with a complete lower that’s been thoroughly tested, but it’s a start!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is kind of genius. Might be the first 80% lower I ever buy. Hope it works.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
If they ditch the rail and keep a similar profile to the G43 for holster compatibility I’m in. Great thinking by them and Amend2 with the P320 grip using P365 mags.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
So, this would also work on a 43X?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Why would I do this over just getting a P365?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Because you will buy a Glock.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3971 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because you want as little to do with Sig and MIM strikers as possible. While I love my 365 and XL, they are both heavily modified to remove as much Sig from the gun as I could. I have a good bit wrapped up in them, but Sig makes shit just cheap enough to get by these days. This is an awesome idea.

I have no interest in an 80%, but if they release a compete lower, I’ll buy one for sure!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cost. If you already own a G43, this is a good way to get you more carry rounds without buying a whole new gun.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mmm.. because you don't like the 365. Big Grin

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You do realize that Glock strikers are as MIM as SIGs, correct?

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:

Because you want as little to do with Sig and MIM strikers as possible. While I love my 365 and XL, they are both heavily modified to remove as much Sig from the gun as I could. I have a good bit wrapped up in them, but Sig makes shit just cheap enough to get by these days. This is an awesome idea.

I have no interest in an 80%, but if they release a compete lower, I’ll buy one for sure!

posted Hide Post
I have the P365 and like it, but dont trust it.
I also own a G43 and trust it, but dont like it (capacity).

I now see light at the end of the tunnel.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But Glock MIM is FAR SUPERIOR to Sig MIM, you see. If Sig is so crappy, how could you ever trust a 365 mag in a Glock?

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
But Glock MIM is FAR SUPERIOR to Sig MIM, you see. If Sig is so crappy, how could you ever trust a 365 mag in a Glock?

In a frame made by a third party company so you get the privilege of buying $50 sig 15 round mags...

Buy a G48, swap the frames and you have a G43X, and basically three guns, 43 for pocket, 43X when you want more capacity, 48 when you want both capacity and larger firearm.

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Maybe you just need to get your head around the fact that the P365 is fine. Have YOU had any issues, or are you just going by web scuttlebutt?

quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
I have the P365 and like it, but dont trust it.
I also own a G43 and trust it, but dont like it (capacity).

I now see light at the end of the tunnel.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:

You do realize that I've snapped a Sig striker but not a Glock striker, correct?

Look, i get it, there are a number of folks who believe there is nothing wrong with the 365. You can trust them all you want. I think Sig does just enough to get by. I don't trust them and it's ok. I don't have to agree with you. I think Sig makes cheap guns. I still buy them, but I also heavily modify them because I think they're shit parts. Are you ok with me thinking they use shit parts? If i don't share your opinion am i wrong?

Maybe you need to get your head around the fact that your opinion isn't everyone else's...gasp!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell, I wish Glock just made a 43 frame that fit 365 mags. Face it, regardless of how you feel about sig, the 365 mag is better.

I don’t like 80% lowers honestly. This is a good idea. Wish Glock had thought of it.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m having a good time learning and building 80% Glocks. I would be interested for sure.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't think SIG parts are necessarily any better than Glock's, I just don't think they're worse. All the guns in question here are mid-priced guns built to a similar price point using very similar technology and manufacturing methods. If Glock strikers were machined forgings, and SIG's were MIM, I'd say Glock had an advantage. But they're not and they don't.

SIG had startup problems with the P365. I was one of the people saying this was likely, and someone who wanted one should wait 6-12 month to buy one. I think that it was good advice. I also think that at this point, they have the bugs worked out.

As you said, we're free to have our own opinions. I do find it strange that if you don't trust the gun, you bought it and kept it.

quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

You do realize that I've snapped a Sig striker but not a Glock striker, correct?

Look, i get it, there are a number of folks who believe there is nothing wrong with the 365. You can trust them all you want. I think Sig does just enough to get by. I don't trust them and it's ok. I don't have to agree with you. I think Sig makes cheap guns. I still buy them, but I also heavily modify them because I think they're shit parts. Are you ok with me thinking they use shit parts? If i don't share your opinion am i wrong?

Maybe you need to get your head around the fact that your opinion isn't everyone else's...gasp!