SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question about Beretta M9A3 barrel swap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Beretta M9A3 barrel swap Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted
I have a Beretta M9A3 on the way but have no intention of shooting it suppressed or attaching any other sort of muzzle device. So my question is whether or not I can just swap out the factory threaded barrel with that of a Beretta 92FS.

For reference, this is what I’d swap it with:
https://www.berettausa.com/en-...hing-made-in-italy-/

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes it should be fine.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes, that will work. I have a NT barrel for my M9A3 when not shooting it suppressed.

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Cool, glad to hear it. I like the extra contrast it’ll give the gun as well.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I've never used the threaded barrel in my M9A3, only a stainless barrel I bought directly from Beretta (that I had cut to 4.5" with an "elite crown"). Works fine.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used my WC Brig-Tac barrel in mine, and vice-versa.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Interested in a trade? I picked up a slightly used M9A1 a few months ago and have been toying with the idea of swapping the barrel for a threaded one.

Are 92/M9 barrels drop-in interchangeable or does it require some fitting?

ETA: Never mind. I didn't realize the A3 barrel is sand colored until your comment about contrast finally clicked. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Most factory barrels are straight drop-in but the factory threaded models are not always. They're often very tight (a good thing) and didn't function in each gun I tried in. Call it tolerance stacking....worst case, I bought a couple and moved them around until they all workd though I had to run the slide 100x to get it to unlock easily.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
The barrels are interchangeable but for what it's worth, I have a factory threaded barrel that fits tighter, not sure if it's just a tolerance thing or if Beretta intentionally make their newer barrels with tighter dimensions.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post