SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Box Suggestion for Ship Pistols to SIG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Box Suggestion for Ship Pistols to SIG? Login/Join 
posted
I need a “box” suggestion to ship 3 classic pistols to SIG for the action enhancement service from the custom shop. I feel better to pay the one shipping fee for all three vs. seperate.

So any suggestion on what size box or a specific box to ship my three classics to SIG would be most helpful

Thanks….

Posts: 38 | Location: St. Paul MN USA | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just go to Office Depot and get a box that can accommodate all three SIGs. Or, go to your LGS/FFL and dig through their pile of throw away boxes for one.

Q

Posts: 26427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. Makes sense. Perhaps overthinking this to the extreme.

Posts: 38 | Location: St. Paul MN USA | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just make sure to tell SIG CS that's what you're doing, so they can send you a single label appropriate for the large box. Otherwise, they will send you three labels, one for each gun.

Q

Posts: 26427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any apartment community dumpster will likely have Amazon boxes, if not others that would work.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
some foam and a Rate A postal box would work,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will have to get a bigger box than anticipated. They want me to put the items into their plastic cases and then put the cases into a larger box. So be it.

posted Hide Post
Walmart has a selection of cardboard boxes in various sizes.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found one here at home that is super heavy duty and will fit the 3 plastic cases.

Thanks for all of the assistance. I totally overthought this. I just don't want anything to go missing on the way to NH and on the way back to me.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Go to the Post Office and get a few free boxes that will work for you.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2193 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a heavy duty Home Depot moving box. Got all of the items in there and it was super easy to drop off at FedEx. Hopefully the three items will make it back to me in a couple of weeks from SIG.

The main reason I sent the items in was a conversion of a P239 DAK to DA/SA by the custom shop. I got the used P239 almost in like NIB condition but the DAK was not for me. The other items are just getting the action enhancement package done. They told me about 2 weeks once they get the box so we shall see.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be any problems. I once shipped FedEx ten P228s to CT for consignment, all in one huge box. I've never shipped so many guns all at once like that and was a little concerned, but they got there the next day undamaged.

Q

posted Hide Post
A whiskey case is a good stout box.

Posts: 3289 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post