SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dumb Question For The P230 Fans - Were All Blued P230s Made In Germany?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb Question For The P230 Fans - Were All Blued P230s Made In Germany? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
Like the thread title sez...

I have a .32 and an Ultra, and keep thinking I'd like to pick up a (blued) .380 ACP on general principles. In some ads the seller makes a point of saying that their pistol is German. Were all blued P230s in .380ACP made in Germany?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
All P230's and all P232's were German made. No exceptions.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like the thread title sez...

Well, if we're going with what the thread title says ... then I would have to say all Blued (H&K) P30's are (and have been) made in Germany ... Wink

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Why, I don't know what you mean. Razz

Thanks, PGT.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the P232 is still currently being made in Germany.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Plain Cliff:

Slight thread drift. Is the German Government still prohibiting Sig Sauer Germany from exporting firearms to the United States?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if someone might decide to import a batch. I know there was a gun dealer in Virginia who for a time was importing the lower volume Sigs directly from Germany. Sadly, I think he passed away several years ago.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:
Originally posted by Just Plain Cliff:

Slight thread drift. Is the German Government still prohibiting Sig Sauer Germany from exporting firearms to the United States?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if someone might decide to import a batch. I know there was a gun dealer in Virginia who for a time was importing the lower volume Sigs directly from Germany. Sadly, I think he passed away several years ago.

Short answer: Yes.
Longer answer: If you are asking because you wish to import a German-manufactured SIG, such as the P232, you may be able to do so through an American importer, such as MMB Imports. I recently imported a German-made P226 LDC II and an XShort through them. Email them at imports@mmbimports.com or call them at 301-730-1835.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Margie @ MMB is good people. She sounded pretty open to bringing other stuff in. Not gonna be cheaper than finding a new/old stock version though.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post