SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rolling the dice -- sent a pistol for repair in its original Sig case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rolling the dice -- sent a pistol for repair in its original Sig case Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
UPDATED -- I sure would like to have the original serialized case, even though it is a $5 Plano. If I return a defective NIB pistol for repair, in that case, will I get it back?

Thanks for your all's insights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5061 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Can’t speak for SIG but the couple times in the past I’ve sent guns to other manufacturers I’ve used the original case and received it back.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7692 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
If you send it in a generic box you’ll get a cardboard sig pistol box upon return. Might be worth it to have an extra, but generally you will get your box back you shipped it in.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6342 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sent several SIGs back for "upgrades" and warranty work -- maybe four in total. I have always sent them in the original cases, and I have always gotten the same cases back.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they send you the return label they'll send instructions on what, and what not, to include with the pistol. Personally I wouldn't send the factory box.

Posts: 936 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I would never send in the original, numbered case. Just a cheapo black generic case.

Keep the original case in your possession.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10499 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
It's been 15 years or more since the last time I sent something to Sig for repair. When I called for instructions, I was told to send it with no box or other accessories.
BTW, it was a non-warranty repair, purchased from a second party and modified by same.
Sig repaired it at no charge, and I had it back in 7 days.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rebut10:
When I called for instructions, I was told to send it with no box or other accessories.

I edited the quote a bit for brevity, but received the same instruction last year when I sent in an older P220.

Pistol went back in a generic case and was returned the same. Was pleased with their work and customer service.

Similar experience when sending in a couple P320 a few years ago

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1944 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent in my 239 for a 357sig barrel fitment issue and it came back in the same factory case I shipped it in.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Agree, sent mine back in a plain box, instructions said any aftermarket parts such as trigger parts, sights will not be returned...

Mine was stock so it didn't matter...

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
I've sent a Sig back using the blue case and I received it back. It was the original serialized case.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I don’t get it. Why not ship it back in an inexpensive generic hard case? Lots of gun shops have one or two used ones that can be bought for next to nothing. Even a new one isn’t that expensive.

Posts: 26938 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I would use a cheap non-original case.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
It has been sent already.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5061 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post