SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    E2 grip question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E2 grip question Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
I'm thinking of putting E2 grips on my German made, US Assembled P220. I seem to remember reading the the E2 hammer strut won't work on some eary model hammers. If so is there a s/n starting point for that?
Thanks

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
I'm thinking of putting E2 grips on my German made, US Assembled P220. I seem to remember reading the the E2 hammer strut won't work on some eary model hammers. If so is there a s/n starting point for that?
Thanks

It’s easy to change. Pick one up and change it while it’s all in pieces

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I didnt want to buy a hammer unless I had too. I know I'll need to buy the main spring because my pistol has the old school assembly

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may help. Kit does not come with mainspring - order separately.

TGS has great customer service. Any Q's give them a call.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...2-grip-kit-p220.html

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
The above E2 Kit from TGS will work and you just need any weight "NEW STYLE" mainspring:

https://www.topgunsupply.com/w...-p227-p226-p229.html

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, others here have reported the E2 grips move around on you when in use. I never had that problem on my now departed P224, but with a larger grip, they might. All my other SIGS have stock grips except one with Hogue G10s. If I were inclined to change grips, I’d go with the G10. Just my opinion.

Posts: 76 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, if you need any detailed info on the desirability of the E2 versus Hogue G10 and factory, let me know.

I have had all three on my P226 and P229. The P229 had the old, original mainspring, just like your P220.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for their inputs.

I ordered a E2 kit from Midwest Gun Works, $37.98. I have some springs from a upgrade I did on by new style P220. That seemed like a good price and if I dont like it I can always convert it back.
Thanks again.

Montani Semper Liberi

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
To convert it back, if you choose to do so, I think I read on the forum awhile back that the only thing needed is remove the actual E2 grip and put on the screw down left and right side grips. Everything else you changed for the E2 grip can stay.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just FYI, others here have reported the E2 grips move around on you when in use. I never had that problem on my now departed P224, but with a larger grip, they might. All my other SIGS have stock grips except one with Hogue G10s. If I were inclined to change grips, I’d go with the G10. Just my opinion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In spades. In fact the movement was so bad I complained to SIG and they sent me a replacment. Same problem. Got the G10s and not issues. Another one of my SIGS the E2 grips did not move. Take your chances

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone has the "New Style", strut, Hammer-Strut-6, I would be interested in purchase, new or used, just so it is serviceable.

Posts: 8 | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post