Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Pro Login/Join 
posted
Whose has Sig 226 Pro? Do you like it?

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Been several threads about the release. Don't recall anyone admitting to owning one.

Think the sticker shock and the worm holes drew lots of negative opinions.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
It was the Sig Pro not 226. 2nd generation was SP 2022.
It was Sig (Exeter) 1st polymer pistol. Hammer not striker fired.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I had an SP2340 and kind of miss it. So I later grabbed an SP2022 when some place was blowing them out for something like $365 shipped. But it was terrible and went back for warranty work. When it came back, it still wasn't as good as my SP2340. I will buy that SP2340 again someday when the right one comes along.

Posts: 3521 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would assume that the OP is talking about the P266 pro-cut and not a Sig Pro.
If that is the case I've never seen one in real life but it sure is ugly in pictures.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I had an SP2340 and kind of miss it. So I later grabbed an SP2022 when some place was blowing them out for something like $365 shipped. But it was terrible and went back for warranty work. When it came back, it still wasn't as good as my SP2340. I will buy that SP2340 again someday when the right one comes along.

I did the same thing. Regretted it and bought another one.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I really don't think I've seen another SP2340 in at least 10-12 years. In fact, I got mine from another SF'er in a FTF deal in VA and it came with about as much .357SIG ammo as the asking price would have bought. It was basically a free gun. Ah hell, I'm buying another one. That's it.

Posts: 3521 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
If that is the case I've never seen one in real life but it sure is ugly in pictures.

That's what I think this thread is about also.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:

GGGAAHH!! My eyes!!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yeah I know, the thread took a wrong turn so I posted the pic to get it on track. Had I been the OP I would have changed the title to open at your own risk. LOL

posted Hide Post
It is fun to shoot. It is not a carry gun, so no danger from worms. Trigger is excellent. It is accurate. Machining and finish exceptional.

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Still have my 2340 in .40 that I bought in ‘02.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:

GGGAAHH!! My eyes!!!

I did not buy it for the looks. I wanted a Sig 226 Elite with SRT, Optics capability, Hogue Grips, and included 2 20 round and 1 15 round mags.

When Sig offers Tac Ops with Optic Capability, I will buy it also.

posted Hide Post
Mine has same trigger as Legion.

posted Hide Post
Put first 200 rounds through Sig Pro 226 today. Shot steel plates. Smile
In addition to being optic ready, it has SRT/Gray Guns adjustable trigger combo, X Ray sights, Hogue Grips, 3 mags (2 are 20 round), and beautifully machined slide (regardless of your preference for machine cuts, it has better trigger than my Legion and is a really smooth shooter.

posted Hide Post
BTW it has a Legion frame

posted Hide Post
I thought the Sig Pro 2340 came first and then the SP2022?

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post