SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your pick for threaded G17 barrels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your pick for threaded G17 barrels Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
So I need a threaded barrel for my gen 5 Glock 17. I was kinda looking at Agency but came across a crazy sale that Faxon is having. Only thing holding me back is that I have no experience with Faxon. What say y’all?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I've always liked KKM barrels.
Currently have a KKM threaded barrel in my G20.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Glock will offer threaded gen5 G17 and G19 barrels. I have one of each for gen3 and the OEM version would be my choice.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I wonder if Glock will offer threaded gen5 G17 and G19 barrels. I have one of each for gen3 and the OEM version would be my choice.

I’d like to have a factory 17 threaded barrel, but the left handed threads mean I’d need new pistons for cans also. Plus there is that Gen 5 thing.

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock does have a RH threaded barrel for the Gen5 G17, but it seems as if it perpetually out of stock anywhere you might look.

https://store.glock.us/g17-gen5-threaded-barrel

Earlier this year, to get one before the new laws here in WA banning the sale of pistol TBs went into effect, I wound up buying a complete Gen5 17 that had been fitted with the TB by Glock themselves. Extreme measures require extreme responses...I guess.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Huh, did not know that.. thank you

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Glock does have a RH threaded barrel for the Gen5 G17, but it seems as if it perpetually out of stock anywhere you might look.

https://store.glock.us/g17-gen5-threaded-barrel

Earlier this year, to get one before the new laws here in WA banning the sale of pistol TBs went into effect, I wound up buying a complete Gen5 17 that had been fitted with the TB by Glock themselves. Extreme measures require extreme responses...I guess.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well I grabbed the Faxon barrel. It was nearly $75 off, I hear they are one of the few companies that actually manufacture their own barrels. We’ll see.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

There is a 1/2x28 19 Gen 5 threaded barrel. The part number is SP47698 and the UPC is 764503030512. They're tough to find.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Well I grabbed the Faxon barrel. It was nearly $75 off, I hear they are one of the few companies that actually manufacture their own barrels. We’ll see.

That is correct they are located in Cincinnati.
I would put them as lower middle tier. For a combat pistol they will do just fine.

I do believe member David Lee worked there for a bit.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not OEM, but I have been very happy with Combat Armory’s barrels on my 17 Gen 3 and 19 Gen 4:

https://www.combatarmory.com/c...ade-barrel-threaded/ https://www.combatarmory.com/c...ade-barrel-threaded/

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post