SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stoeger STR 9c?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stoeger STR 9c? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone try one of these babies out yet? Looks promising!

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I was interested in one until I saw how much their mags cost. The base model for ~$250 becomes less attractive when you realize it only comes w/ one mag.

FYI, you can get a SAR9 right now w/ $30 rebate in the low $200s, and it comes w/ two mags.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that observation! I checked around and you are right. Mags are an integral part of a working firearm (machinery) and at least two are needed. Wonder why they did that? Who knows. Looks to be a nice gun though.

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Some companies are cheap. Some do it to meet a price point.

Springfield Armory used to offer an XD Essentials package where their XD pistol came w/ a single mag. Canik has a One Series where their TP9 comes w/ a single mag. Pre-Covid you could get those for under $300, and even during the peak of Covid & civil unrest, Canik One Series was still availabe in the low $300s.

I like Tanfoglios, but their mags are expensive, and they only ship their guns w/ one mag on all models. You can buy $2K comp model, and it will still only come w/ one mag. I hear Kimber is like that too, but in Kimber's case, it might be b/c their mags suck to begin with. You need WC or CMC mags for their 1911s.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've handled one at the LGS I work at part-time. It's a gun. It felt a little rough. At the price point I think I'd go with one of the lower-end Ruger 9mms.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!!!!