SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have the long slide conversion kit for the VP9?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have the long slide conversion kit for the VP9? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Want to pick one up but they aren't cheap. Curious if it's worth it, is it reliable, etc?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got mine direct from HK using a 25% off discount card I got at the NRA show earlier this year. Haven't tried it yet.

It comes with the red 9mm recoil spring from the older VP9's, not the newer 9/40 non-colored one that is in newer VP9's. Despite the extended length the weight of the slide is the same (more milling inside). Trigger pull is better too, the lump in the middle is reduced and the break is crisper. That should just be normal variation, but it is better than with the stock slide.

And it just looks cool. Sights are great too.

Only negative is it say VP9-L-B on the roll marks which means button mag release. No idea why they made them say that, unless they determined that complete VP9L's (if ever imported and sold) will have the button mag release because it's more desirable for a competition pistol. I like the paddle since it's the same as all of my other HK's.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a source that actually has these in stock? I've been searching the net for one and cannot find one anywhere in stock.

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one of the web that were in stock. Omaha Outdoors. Sights are nice and it has the rubber o-ring for the barrel. I had a couple of failures in the first 50 rounds of ball but after that it runs perfect.
Most people who make holsters for the regular VP9 should be able to add the extra inch without issue.
Worth it? Fiber optic sights(adjustable) are nice, a little tighter groups out past 25yds. While regular VP9 can be had cheap, the extra long slide should bring a better re-sale?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Generally accessories don't increase resale value much. If it was to be sold, it would be better on an auction site as a separate piece. Same thing with extra mags.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I have one, got it when it first came out and got a 25% discount as well from Dvor or Optics Planet(don't remember which).
I also had a holster made by Comp-Tac, and by Black Point Tactical.
Don't really notice any change in the trigger pull as above, but the fiber optic front site and adjustable rear, combined with the longer sight radius does make a difference in accuracy. My regular slide on the VP9 is very accurate, the long slide, once sighted in, is improved - difference between a combat shooter & a very adequate competition gun
Its not really a defensive carry weapon, no night sites, and it's a large pistol. I haven't had any failures, and I've run many rounds thru it at one-time, enough to need gloves to hold.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know of a source that actually has these in stock? I've been searching the net for one and cannot find one anywhere in stock.

Top Gun has them if you're still on the hunt.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post