SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone have the link to the SIG P228/226 made by a guy from solid bar stock steel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have the link to the SIG P228/226 made by a guy from solid bar stock steel? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
My Google-fu is not working. So, several years ago, there was a link, that I cannot find, about a guy who made a SIG P228/226 from a solid piece of steel using his lathe and amazing machining skills. I’d like to find that if it is still available. However, I’m striking out with all my search terms.

Thanks!

Posts: 12466 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Matrix Precision makes 80% lower for P226 and P228 from CNC machined solid block, 7075 T6 aluminum

The P229 is CNC machined from solid block, 7075 T6 aluminum in two options. Option 1 has a Magwell and an accessory rail, Option 2 doesn't have either of these features.

www.MatrixPrecisionParts.com/229-80-tools-and-jigs

They also manufacture miscellaneous parts for several P-series pistols including tall & short Aluminum Mainspring Seats.

www.MatrixPrecisionParts.com/sigparts

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the story and it is not the usual 80% stuff, he reverse engineered and scratch built one. But I don't know where to find it now.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post