SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    From Walther Dude to Sig Dude.......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From Walther Dude to Sig Dude....... Login/Join 
posted
FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm morphing into a Sig Dude from a Walther Dude.

I had made a couple of posts not long ago about (1) if a guy had your wife with a gun to her head in your kitchen a you had one shot at a distance that posters found long for the size of the kitchen and the moderator saw at a Steven Seagal wet dream-although I assume his wet dreams involve sex slaves. But I'm no authority on Seagal. It was the idea of that came from the objective of the F.B.I.'s selection of the Springfield 1911 from their custom shop for hostage rescue. The post drew it's share of folks who made fun of it and some who took it seriously. I made a different post that asked the same question another way about the most important characteristic of a carry gun. Of course, the most popular answer was reliability because it does have to go bang. One poster in particular answered that he had confidence in the gun. That was the answer I was looking for in both questions. I'd always thought that a hammer fired pistol was just a little more accurate than a striker fired one-although difference has narrowed. I own a Walther PDP with an optic and a drop in Walther trigger that is surprisingly accurate and the ergonomics of the gun are excellent. Yet, the new Sig P210, about as well received on the board as my earlier post, just shocked me with it's feel, accuracy, and how much confidence I have in wielding the pistol. It doesn't have the self defense obligatory optic or rail, but as much as I thought most Sigs are about equally accurate like say, Kimber's, this is in a different league than other Sigs in my hands. It's semi custom 1911 accurate at 15 to 20 yds. Par of that is it feel, balance, and trigger. I think some people have slightly mis-interpreted Sig's definition of "carry." I think they just meant shorter, lighter, than the standrred Sig P210, but not meant to be carried concealed necessarily. They have the 365 and 365 XL for that. I've read so many nice reviews that I had to purchase the 365 XL with the optic. This is just to say thank you and I've morphed from a Walther Dude back to a Sig Dude where I started back in the early 80's into years of semi custom 1911's. Nothing wrong with the Walther PDP, but the 365 is hard to beat for real carry, love the Sig P210 for the nigh stand and the Walther has a place with it's combo of rail, optic, drop in trigger and 18 rounds if I'm walking around outside and worried about a mob hit, ninja's, or a Russian death squad. The 365 XL deserves all the good reviews and its popularity. But, the Sig P210 seems under-appreciated by the Sig community. I'm really confident and comfortable with it. It has a very good carry trigger. One of the best out of the box triggers ever on a production model on par with the first Kimber Gold matches that had a little hand fitting. Don't sell it short.

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 17, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walther Dude:
...I think some people have slightly mis-interpreted Sig's definition of "carry." I think they just meant shorter, lighter, than the standrred Sig P210, but not meant to be carried concealed necessarily..

I don't think anyone "mis-interpreted" anything. It's about the same size as the G19, and folks CC the G19 with ease. Even the larger 1911 Commander is conceal carried by a lot of folks everyday. So, there's nothing out of the ordinaty about CC'ing the P210 Carry.

Q

Posts: 26470 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paragraphs are our friends... makes it much easier to read.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

^^^ this

Posts: 3506 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool. I hope to have a P210 someday.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the paragraphs. Just trying to knock out the thought.

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 17, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes, Thank you Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walther Dude:
FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm morphing into a Sig Dude from a Walther Dude.

I had made a couple of posts not long ago about (1) if a guy had your wife with a gun to her head in your kitchen a you had one shot at a distance that posters found long for the size of the kitchen and the moderator saw at a Steven Seagal wet dream-although I assume his wet dreams involve sex slaves. But I'm no authority on Seagal. It was the idea of that came from the objective of the F.B.I.'s selection of the Springfield 1911 from their custom shop for hostage rescue.

The post drew it's share of folks who made fun of it and some who took it seriously. I made a different post that asked the same question another way about the most important characteristic of a carry gun.

Of course, the most popular answer was reliability because it does have to go bang. One poster in particular answered that he had confidence in the gun. That was the answer I was looking for in both questions. I'd always thought that a hammer fired pistol was just a little more accurate than a striker fired one-although difference has narrowed.

I own a Walther PDP with an optic and a drop in Walther trigger that is surprisingly accurate and the ergonomics of the gun are excellent.

Yet, the new Sig P210, about as well received on the board as my earlier post, just shocked me with it's feel, accuracy, and how much confidence I have in wielding the pistol. It doesn't have the self defense obligatory optic or rail, but as much as I thought most Sigs are about equally accurate like say, Kimber's, this is in a different league than other Sigs in my hands. It's semi custom 1911 accurate at 15 to 20 yds. Par of that is it feel, balance, and trigger.

I think some people have slightly mis-interpreted Sig's definition of "carry." I think they just meant shorter, lighter, than the standrred Sig P210, but not meant to be carried concealed necessarily. They have the 365 and 365 XL for that. I've read so many nice reviews that I had to purchase the 365 XL with the optic.

This is just to say thank you and I've morphed from a Walther Dude back to a Sig Dude where I started back in the early 80's into years of semi custom 1911's. Nothing wrong with the Walther PDP, but the 365 is hard to beat for real carry, love the Sig P210 for the nigh stand and the Walther has a place with it's combo of rail, optic, drop in trigger and 18 rounds if I'm walking around outside and worried about a mob hit, ninja's, or a Russian death squad. The 365 XL deserves all the good reviews and its popularity. But, the Sig P210 seems under-appreciated by the Sig community. I'm really confident and comfortable with it. It has a very good carry trigger. One of the best out of the box triggers ever on a production model on par with the first Kimber Gold matches that had a little hand fitting. Don't sell it short.

Posts: 1354 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My only real experience with a Walther is with a PPK which I bought on the same day as a Sig p230.

In my humble and limited opinion there is very little comparison between the two... the Sig is a much better hand gun to shoot, carry and even just to look at.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post