SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 .38Super find! [now to find magazines]
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 .38Super find! [now to find magazines] Login/Join 
posted
Hello All,

I lucked into a P220 in .38super for a price I could afford, but now I am left searching for magazines.

All my 'usual suspects' are out, or say discontinued.

Any suggestions?

I need the american style- not heel catch.

Thanks for any tips!

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
P220 in .38super

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133668006538

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1629 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/13366...a:g:tlsAAOSwZylgLbMp

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1629 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I got a few of those. Hopefully these 3K will be ok.

Any suggestions for Sig or MecGar quality mags for this?

Just wait and pray?

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The popular auction sites will have one or two Sig magazines pop up.

They are kinda spendy though.

Congrats on your new P220!

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
May sound silly, but have you tried Sig? They sent me two free ones, when I ordered some replacement springs, but that was a few years ago.

Edited: that didn't come out exactly right. I called Sig customer service to ask about the mags not feeding the last round, tech told me it was probably old/weak springs. I ordered two springs thru him, and he also sent me the two free mags.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1856 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your P-220/.38 Super.

I hope yours shoots as well as mine does.

Let us know about those mags. Thx.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
he also sent me the two free mags

in this century SIG sent you two American release P220 .38 Super mags? That truly would boggle my mind, so just confirming.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
he also sent me the two free mags

in this century SIG sent you two American release P220 .38 Super mags? That truly would boggle my mind, so just confirming.

No, 2 Euro mags. I got two with the gun, which was like new in cardboard box, customer service sent me two, then later a post on Sig forum directed me to a source and got 2 more, so now have 6 factory. Did not realize you were looking for American, but now that I re-read your OP I see you need that version. Sorry for the confusion.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1856 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I spoke with Sig and they indicated that they've scoured the shelves a few times for mags- but there is nothing left.

I was wondering- would .38Super fit/feed from a 10mm P220 magazine?

I believe the 10mm feedlips are closer than the .45, but are they close enough to retain .38Super rounds?

Just a thought. If I could get an inexpensive ACT/MecGar/Sig 10mm P220 mag to experiment with, I'd jump on it.

Anyone know someone with BOTH a 10mm and .38Super P220?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bczrx:
Well, I spoke with Sig and they indicated that they've scoured the shelves a few times for mags- but there is nothing left.

I was wondering- would .38Super fit/feed from a 10mm P220 magazine?

Congrats on your purchase. I posted this same question a few months back. One response was given stating that the 10mm mags would feed the .38 super. I also am curious if the mags shown above on ebay are factory mags or the after market mags from the Canadian distributor.

I believe the 10mm feedlips are closer than the .45, but are they close enough to retain .38Super rounds?

Just a thought. If I could get an inexpensive ACT/MecGar/Sig 10mm P220 mag to experiment with, I'd jump on it.

Anyone know someone with BOTH a 10mm and .38Super P220?

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post