New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 1/2 Sigs Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted

The lineup has changed a bit over time, but this is pretty solid. If I found a P220 Sport Comp I'd be after it, beyond that nothing else that isn't here is leaping out at me. The price of the new P210s is enticing, that's a maaaybe.

The P365 is the perfect carry auto imo. Unless it's winter and I want to carry a full size, then my options expand.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
The P365 is the perfect carry auto imo.

For me, also.

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy carrying the 225, I put the SRT in myself before you couldn't just order parts. Can you order the parts again?

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
No, not just bits and bobs, I mean the Short Reset Trigger. I think I actually got it from Top Gun at the time, then later when I wanted it for other guns... you had to send it to Sig.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
Loving that P220. Heel release, modern slide profile, Exeter import, rebounding hammer, and (I assume) 9mm. All-original?

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 341 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly certain (okay, about 95% sure) that the SRT kit for the P226/P227/P228/P229 works with the P225 as well. $50 from SIG:

https://www.sigsauer.com/short...-p226-p227-p229.html

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Can't tell for certain about them, but I know for sure the P220 SRT kit is used also in the P225.

Q

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
Loving that P220. Heel release, modern slide profile, Exeter import, rebounding hammer, and (I assume) 9mm. All-original?

That's a P220-9-EU, nothing has been done to it. I don't know what they go for now, but for a long time they were ~$500 because of the heel and caliber. Love it.

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I'm fairly certain (okay, about 95% sure) that the SRT kit for the P226/P227/P228/P229 works with the P225 as well. $50 from SIG:

https://www.sigsauer.com/short...-p226-p227-p229.html

Yup. These are drop in parts, you can do it yourself, it's not the "trigger bow," and however many years ago, Sig got greedy for a time and you had to send your gun in. When I got mine at the time, the P225 wasn't listed then either.

Super duper if they've relaxed, and I'll tell you this.. It's been a while but the part that stands out in my mind is the flat one only.

If you can make only one improvement to any P22x, the SRT is a revelation.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:

That's a P220-9-EU, nothing has been done to it. I don't know what they go for now, but for a long time they were ~$500 because of the heel and caliber. Love it.

Awesome!

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 341 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post