SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'd Forgotton How Sweet The P239 Is
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'd Forgotton How Sweet The P239 Is Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Background: My first center-fire auto-loader was a G22. Long story short: It did not work well for me. Sig announced the P239 SAS and I was in lust. My wife bought it for me for Christmas. (Could've knocked me over with a feather.) Since then: Other firearms have come along and that P239 SAS got neglected. Yesterday I took it out of the safe and practiced some dry-fire with it. Damn, but if this isn't about one of the sweetest handguns ever made.

This is what's going to the range with me next week:

And, it turns out, my diet and exercise regimen has paid off, so I can again carry it in my Milt Sparks VM2!

I'm gonna finally order a mag carrier for it, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Love the original SAS SIGs. With the DAK, that's what SAS is all about.

Q

Posts: 26345 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Dak-SAS-Sig. Even sounds TeutonicWink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
While I have never been able to warm up to the DAK trigger, I m a big fan of the P239

I think that the platform handles the 357SIG cartridge fantastically

Mine are all very accurate and totally reliable

This message has been edited. Last edited by: colt_saa,

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a 9mm and .357 sig. Will never sell them.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I would like to own a P239 in 9mm again, though I'm partial to finding an older production one for sentimentality.

My lgs had a bunch of P239 9mm LE trade-in blued mags that looked like they had sat in a bin for the last 20 years for $14.99 apiece the other week.

I don't currently own a P239 and I bought 8 or 10 of those mags. They cleaned up really nice, too. I thought it was a great deal. Eventually, they'll have a pistol to be paired with.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1743 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The P239 was my gateway Sig. My dad bought one in 40S&W around 1996-7 & he still has it.

A 357Sig SAS was on my shortlist for a while.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Love mine! 239 SAS2 in 357 sig

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
The 239 is an amazing little pistol. The stubby little thing shoots as well as the big boys.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I really like the P239 other than it's a bit small for my hand. I owned both the P229 SAS and a P239 SAS in .40S&W, and had a .357SIG barrel for the 229. Sold the P229 to a forum member, traded the P239 for a Walther P99 AS.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are nice.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
I have 2 in 9mm that I'll never get rid of.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I coveted one when they first came out but could not afford one.. Finally bought one a few months ago, of course used... but I felt an honest deal at $600 with 5 magazines... I put a Crimson Trace grip on it and have carried it ever since. Really good feeling medium sized pistol that shoots well.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I have had three of these before, but I picked this one up recently , just because it's such a nice example. I took it to the range and it shoots great like most P239s I have shot.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally bought a SAS DAK in .40. Picked up a 357 Barrel and mags. Carried it for years. Traded a buddy out of his 9mm DAK. Carry it all the time.

For me, the P239 is perfect for appendix carry. It conceals well yet shoots like a full size gun.

The 9mm is considerably more svelte. But, both carry well

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
Originally bought a SAS DAK in .40. Picked up a 357 Barrel and mags. Carried it for years.

I was toying with the idea of changing mine over to 357 Sig, but even considering making that change was predicated on being able to use my existing .40 S&W mags for 357 Sig. Are they not the same mags?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
Originally bought a SAS DAK in .40. Picked up a 357 Barrel and mags. Carried it for years.

I was toying with the idea of changing mine over to 357 Sig, but even considering making that change was predicated on being able to use my existing .40 S&W mags for 357 Sig. Are they not the same mags?
P239 magazines marked 40 S&W will work 100% with both 40 S&W and 357 SIG cartridges

P239 magazines marked 357 SIG will not work with 40 S&W cartridge due to the narrowing of he magazine at the front of the cartridge

One of the big Discount on-line sellers has 357SIG and 9MM threaded Factory original P239 barrels at a real good price .

I have been using a 9MM threaded barrel in my 357SIG P239 for years, It works great with my P239 mags and does not even need a spring change

This P239 even has a LaserMax guide rod in it

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, colt_saa.

Looks like the standard P239 357 Sig barrels are nowhere to be found. Not interested in a threaded barrel. Bar-Sto barrels are $225 a pop.

It was only a vague notion. I guess I'll forget about it.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm also thinking about upgrading to 357 Sig in a P239.. but my opinion is just buy a whole pistol...Seems simpler easier and more practical to me... but I've always been one to jump at the change to own 'just one more.

One other point about the P239 and the pictures in this thread...and it's probably just me... It does not look anything like a Glock. Do they make a Glock with curves?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
One other point about the P239 and the pictures in this thread...and it's probably just me... It does not look anything like a Glock. Do they make a Glock with curves?

No. Which is why they're sometimes referred-to as "Blocks" Smile