SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK VP9 Magazine question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK VP9 Magazine question Login/Join 
posted
Will a VP9 that comes with the 15 round mags also take 17 round mags?

Thanks

Posts: 2225 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yes.

You can also buy OEM 15 to 17 round conversion kits from HK (or resellers) that I have found to be perfectly reliable.

Those mags also work in the P30, P30sk, P2000, P2000sk and USP compact just as an FYI.

Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The kits went on sale recently, I converted all my 15 round mags to 17 round mags.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kits work fine in my experience, but it seems problematic to me to sink 40% of the cost of a new mag into doing it. I converted a few of mine to test but mostly it doesn't seem worth it for the rest.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
The kits work fine in my experience, but it seems problematic to me to sink 40% of the cost of a new mag into doing it. I converted a few of mine to test but mostly it doesn't seem worth it for the rest.

That’s generally my point of view as well.

I did convert a few of mine over …….just cuz and I wanted to see if the kit worked but the reality is I am more likely to just add a magazine. Couple that with the fact that I don’t see 15 rounds as a “penalty box” so to speak and I although I have converted a few I am in no rush to do so.

Now before everybody jumps on me I am NOT SAYING all you need is 15 rounds or 10 or whatever. You do you and I am of the opinion that more will never be a detriment barring fire, swimming, or not fitting with a realistic envelope (I can’t see carrying a Glock with a drum on it). I am just saying that for ME personally I am fairly comfortable with anything 10-12+. Honestly although I don’t prefer it I am generally ok with 8+ in the mag. So my original 15 shot mags are fine for me. Again just to be clear this is NOT Me telling YOU what you should be comfortable with nor is it me saying there should be a law blah blah blah. It’s just a personal comfort level.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Ive had good luck selling my 15 rounders for almost the same cost as buying 17 rounders.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Heckler and Koch magazine conversion kits to go from 15 to 17 are easy.

Kit just changes the follower, floorplate and magspring.

They're usually very cheap I've upgraded all of my 15 rounders to 17 (3 of them) and had no issues.

I've compared those 15-17 rounder to the newer 17 rounders and the differences are 2 things, color of the follower and also the witness holes on the new magazines go to 17, nothing else same exact size, etc.

Buy the HK upgrade kit for about 12 bucks (which is not 40% of the cost of a HK P30/VP9 magazine)

https://www.primaryarms.com/he...azine-conversion-kit

If anyone can find real NIW HK 17 rounders for $25-$30 do share because I have not see that ever.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I got mine from HK when they were hard to get so silly me I used that price for my math. But I don't buy from primary arms and I have no idea if they charge for shipping these which might increase the 'on sale' price, as well as tax in my jurisdiction, but its still 30% of a new mag. And its still silly at that amount IMO.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I wish hk made a kit for the p2000 or a magazine that is just a hair longer that held 15-17 rounds.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
From what I have read the follower can be used in the P2000 to gain a round or two. (Do a little hunting on this might be follower and floor plate).

That said the stock 15/17 round mag fits and works perfectly with the P2000 and with an XGrip. Grip adapter only adds a wee bit of length.