SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who carries a j frame as ccw?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who carries a j frame as ccw? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
S&W model 38 then a model 49 for several years, no reload.

Posts: 91 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've got a 351PD (22 Mag) that I carry from time to time.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
99% of the time when I carry, it's a SW 442 in my front pocket in a Desantis cheapie holster. Sometimes I'll carry a speedstrip. I have absolute faith that this gun will fire when needed.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighthouse Keeper
posted Hide Post
I carry a 638 in a pocket holster in cargo pants a couple days of the week. Sometimes I carry it in a Desantis IWB kydex holster, but that’s rare: if I’m going to that length (attaching a holster :P ), I’m more likely to carry my Glock.

Posts: 840 | Location: America's High-Five | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I carry my mod.49 pretty often these days. No particular ammo. Lately I've been carrying some nyclads.

Posts: 1564 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
340 M&p every so often with 135 grain Gold Dot 357 short barrel rounds, no reload. Great little gun with a very usable tritium front sight.

Posts: 1628 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned so many over the years. Carried them alot (never felt it was inadequate when i did), shot them alot, traded them alot and replaced them almost every time I traded one. This insane cycle went on for yearsuntil the last few month when I decided that my daily carry would be a Glock 42. 7 rounds versus 5, easy and fun to shoot, easy to carry and lots of ammo choices.
I would still carry a j frame without hesitation, but right now i just have kind of moved into a different direction.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I've got a 351PD (22 Mag) that I carry from time to time.

I carry one too at times, so easy to stick in your waist band. I like the Hornady Critical Defense FTX for a short barrel pistol like the 351.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on my clothing and season, I will often pocket carry my S&W 640-1 in a Mika pocket holster. .357 Mag Hornidy 158gr XTP.

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 72 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I carry a nickel J frame. I believe it's a 1985.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39762 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God love you fellows who shoot 357 mag in a J frame. My hand/wrist would be wrecked.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I slip a S&W Model 642 and a Bianchi speed strip reload in my pocket each morning when I walk my dog.

The same gun has also been riding in the map pocket of my truck when I go into the city (Philadelphia) in case of a car jacker. It would be faster to get into action than my P320C which rides in a strong side R.Grizzle holster when wearing my seat belt.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I occasionally carry my mod 38 or mod 49, Mika holster front pocket. More often it's the LCRx in 327 fed mag with the Buffalo Bore 32 HR mag load. Same holster. All with one speed strip in left pocket.

These supplement either my DW Vigil or Speed six.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4361 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a 360pd and a 340sc that I carry a lot , my 640 is much more comfortable to shoot but the other 2 are so easy to carry.

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 642 in a Mika pocket holster, and Model 60 in a OWB holster are both part of my rotation with a Bianchi speed strip.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I've got a pre-lock 638 I carried regularly for the first decade of this century, and carry it still from time to time, for old time's sake.

Eggsactly the same here, my 638 has had the front sight drilled and a tritium tube installed by Tooltech Gunsight some years ago. also had a trigger job done by Cylinder & Slide at about the same time. Carried that 638 for a long time with utter confidence, and still would if need be. Sigs P365 has won out as my EDC for the last two years.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:

Who made the holster?

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rarely carry my J-frame 915. Sometimes as a snake gun when hunting with snake shot followed with hollow points. Spare moon clip w/ mix snake and hollow points.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wxl,

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been many years ago, but I carried a stainless S&W Model 60 square butt with a Tyler T grip in a Bianchi leather holster with thumb break security snap or an ankle holster. Can't remember the brand but it was leather with a nice thick sheepskin liner for the strap, very comfortable, might have been a Desantis? Carried a speed loader or speed strip depending on how I was dressed.

Tony

Posts: 315 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post