SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX SB Tactical vs. Sig telescoping brace stocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX SB Tactical vs. Sig telescoping brace stocks Login/Join 
posted
Is there an opinion as to what is the better brace in terms of installation, functionality, and stableness?

Seen some reviews for the SB Tactical unit that seems to indicate the set screw set up doesn't always mitigate wobble after everything is installed and torqued.

TR

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have the SB brace on an MCX, and I must question what people are referring to.

The portion of the assembly that clamps onto the gun’s receiver is rock solid after tightening the set screws. I suppose something could be wrong with the fit of that portion, but it’s hard to imagine how. On the other hand, the rails of the rear section of the brace are a somewhat loose fit in the front guide part. The parts don’t fit together like a $5000 1911 rail and frame, and I personally wouldn’t want them to. Because there’s some room between the rails and the guide, the rear part of the brace can be moved up and down slightly. If I remember correctly, that’s even mentioned in the instruction manual.

I’m perfectly happy with the SB brace myself and much prefer its operation and adjustment options to the SIG folding brace that came on the gun.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I have the SB brace on an MCX, and I must question what people are referring to.

The portion of the assembly that clamps onto the gun’s receiver is rock solid after tightening the set screws. I suppose something could be wrong with the fit of that portion, but it’s hard to imagine how. On the other hand, the rails of the rear section of the brace are a somewhat loose fit in the front guide part. The parts don’t fit together like a $5000 1911 rail and frame, and I personally wouldn’t want them to. Because there’s some room between the rails and the guide, the rear part of the brace can be moved up and down slightly. If I remember correctly, that’s even mentioned in the instruction manual.

I’m perfectly happy with the SB brace myself and much prefer its operation and adjustment options to the SIG folding brace that came on the gun.

This is my experience as well. I'm perfectly happy with the SB brace.

Posts: 818 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Telescoping brace, hands down.

Seat the brace properly and it's not an issue. It's a faux submachine gun made for 50 yards and in, not a Target rifle. The wobble is minimal and no issue at those ranges.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I have the SB-branded brace on my MPX and it seats and locks on securely. Besides, the so-called 'SIG' adjustable brace--the one branded as a SIG Sauer product--is actually made by SB Tactical as well.

My SB brace is the later development of their earlier design (round release button, sling loop), the one that the "SIG" branded brace spawned from. The telescoping SB I have uses an elongated rectangular release button (looks more like a tab than button) and has no sling attachment capability to get in the way of collapsing the assembly like the original design did. However on the butt end of its arm "wrap", it curiously DOES have an embossed round 'SIG' logo molded into the rubber instead of the usual 'SB' logo. I'm thinking SB Tactical must've run out of their own branded version of the part and instead of waiting for more to be made they went over to the other side of their shop and raided the SIG parts bin. I'd say that regardless if it comes in a SIG Sauer box or SB Tactical box, they're pretty much the same thing.

Personally I think the earlier version's attachment block is aesthetically more pleasing than the later blocky design, but functionally the later unit has worked flawlessly for me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not have an MPX but on my CZ scorpion EVO 3 S1 I have the SB Tactical PDW telescopic brace. The set screw on that model did not seem to do anything but it is hard to get the brace on and I had to use a mallet and repeatedly hit the brace to move it down. I put over 500 rounds since then and the brace is very sturdy and will not be moving at all. The scorpion has more recoil being direct blowback and having a 1.6 pound bolt. Still the brace has not come loose.

I know it is a different gun but I thought I would just share my experiences with these CZ scorpion SB tactical telescopic brace. Thank you and have a nice day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I have the Sig brace and it is rock solid. I also have the SB barked brace and it is rock solid. Both work.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post