SIGforum
Sig P365 now available in California. Update: CA-compliant aluminum grip module coming from Sharps

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7980015405

November 03, 2023, 07:28 PM
sjtill
Sig P365 now available in California. Update: CA-compliant aluminum grip module coming from Sharps
Sig Sauer: P365 now available in California

I'm going to my range, rent a 365, and if I like it will add one to my 320.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sjtill,

November 04, 2023, 02:26 PM
sjtill
From the CA DOJ handgun roster:

quote:
An asterisk (*) next to the model name below indicates that the handgun was added pursuant to the court's order in Boland v. Bonta. C.D. Cal. Case No. 8:22-cv-1421-CJC-ADS [Dkts. 60, 61]; 9th Circuit Case No. 23-55276 [Dkt. 7].

Hooray for Boland v. Bonta!

November 04, 2023, 04:20 PM
c1steve
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Sig Sauer: P365 now available in California

I'm going to my range, rent a 365, and if I like it will add one to my 320.

I was surprised at the recoil. Not heavy but a bit sharp. After a couple of range sessions, it did not bother me. Super light and thin on your hip, you do not really feel it at all.

-c1steve
November 04, 2023, 10:56 PM
bcjwriter
Put my money down on one today as well

November 05, 2023, 01:53 AM
SigSauerP226
Well I’m watching this at least. Supposedly the modifications to add a MDM makes the grip module unchangeable. If I remove the MDM and can mod the P365 then I may grab one just to turn it into an XL, or else I’ll stick to my CA320.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...
November 06, 2023, 09:02 PM
monoblok
SIG has finally brought 2018 to you, California. At least you patiently allowed the rest of us to experience the fun of broken firing pins and out-of-spec trigger return springs. Wink

-MG
November 07, 2023, 02:03 AM
Good luck, doc. Hope you’ll like it.

Q

November 08, 2023, 11:04 AM
sjtill
Thanks, Q. I've put my money down already. Still plan to rent one at the range prior to arrival.

November 23, 2023, 09:28 AM
sjtill
That didn’t take long!
Notified my 365 is in stock. Will do the 4473 when I return to SD.

November 23, 2023, 09:49 AM
bcjwriter
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
That didn’t take long!
Notified my 365 is in stock. Will do the 4473 when I return to SD.

My pickup is on Black Friday - so since I don’t want to brave turners then I’ll pick up next week.

The P365 will actually replace three guns I carry (a G43, 43X, and a G26…).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

November 25, 2023, 11:03 PM
sjtill
I will need to get qualified to add my new 320 and 365 to my list of carry pistols. That's three things I never thought I would get to post here. Yee-haaaa!

November 26, 2023, 01:33 PM
maxdog
I carry the 365 almost exclusively now. I insisted on the safety version and am not disappointed. Amazed by low recoil for its size.

I added a couple of 12 round mags.
December 01, 2023, 07:55 AM
lawboy
I am enjoying mine with a wilson x grip module.
The magazine disconnect comes out with no trouble.
May 19, 2024, 12:18 PM
sjtill
I just got an e-mail from John Sharps regarding his aluminum grip module for the P365.

He said they will be coming out with a CA-compliant module in about a month.

I told him only the boss works early Sunday morning.

May 20, 2024, 11:39 AM
patw
Those Sharp grips look really sharp,pardon the pun. A nice contrast between metal and options of grip panels.
May 21, 2024, 11:51 PM
sjtill
I agree!

The initial photo I saw on Midway looked good; then I saw they had other wood grip options and I was hooked.

I got another email today from John Sharps in which he said:
quote:
I think we will likely roll our whole 365 line so it has the cut for the magazine disconnect. Sig makes X/XL sized mags that only hold 10 rounds and they also make Macro sized mags that only hold 10 rounds. For someone that does not have the mag disconnect (or trigger lock) feature, the extra cut in the receiver won't hurt anything so we might as well put the cut in all our 365 models.

John

Of course I figure I will need another 365 so I have one stock and one with a nice aluminum frame with wood grips.

May 22, 2024, 12:49 AM
Paten
What makes it "Compliant" compared to what they already make?
May 23, 2024, 11:44 AM
SigSauerP226
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
What makes it "Compliant" compared to what they already make?

“…it has the cut for the magazine disconnect.”

You can always remove the magazine disconnect and then use standard grip modules.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...