Originally posted by rat2306: I wonder if TFBTV and etc. have gotten to evaluate the 385s and release the videos?
Have any of the big YouTube gun channels released a video?
Probably under media embargo
The Enemy's gate is down.
September 23, 2026, 03:02 PM
rat2306
^^Quite probable, until tomorrow at least. But I'll check it out.
September 23, 2026, 03:03 PM
DanH
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Probably under media embargo
Yesterday was presentation day. Today is when everyone is on the range shooting everything. I'd expect a flood of videos tonight into tomorrow morning for "First Shots" videos.
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
September 23, 2026, 03:57 PM
cyberiad
I'll wait for the P385-X-Dingus-Rainbow-Carry-TwoTone
September 23, 2026, 04:09 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Probably under media embargo
Yesterday was presentation day. Today is when everyone is on the range shooting everything. I'd expect a flood of videos tonight into tomorrow morning for "First Shots" videos.
Yup…Today is Media Day on the Range, tomorrow is Distribution/Channel Partner Day on the range.
If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die!
I kind of like it. Looks like a good grip shape/texture and especially the slide gripping surfaces. The only thing marring it is the fugly "gas pedal"-cum-takedown lever.* (Am I still allowed to say that?) This is one day going to go the way of hooked trigger guard fronts and "ghost ring" sights. (Ghost rings work great on long guns where the rear sight is always a fixed distance from your eye.)
* Not all the models shown have the grossly protuberant one, apparently.
September 23, 2026, 04:51 PM
ibanda
Gloves are off on the media embargo. ALL the influencers are at SIG shooting the new gun today and posting shorts. There will be a flood of long form YouTube videos in the next few days.
"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
September 23, 2026, 04:52 PM
12131
quote:
This is one day going to go the way of hooked trigger guard fronts
One of the most iconic and best looking guns has the hooked trigger guard front. And it graces the cover page of this forum.
Q
September 23, 2026, 04:59 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater: Good looking grip. Not a fan of a knurled take down lever, can see that irritating the thumb in extended shooting session and they get hot.
Wonder if it's been tested as rigorously as the P320. Moving on.
IMO the Takedown Lever is far superior to that of any SIG in memory, if ever! It's very easy to operate, has excellent purchase, and completely unobtrusive when holding the gun in a two handed thumbs forward grip. I believe you'll change your opinion once you get one in your hands.
If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die!
September 23, 2026, 05:12 PM
Jupiter
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306: I wonder if TFBTV and etc. have gotten to evaluate the 385s and release the videos?
Have any of the big YouTube gun channels released a video?
Probably under media embargo
It would be interesting to know how this guy got a 17 hour head start on everyone else.
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
September 23, 2026, 05:18 PM
Il Cattivo
^^ From the video it sounded like SIG contacted him early on and asked him to develop some holsters prior to launch.
September 23, 2026, 05:21 PM
Jupiter
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo: ^^ From the video it sounded like SIG contacted him early on and asked him to develop some holsters prior to launch.
I would be willing to bet several holster makers got early samples so they would be ready when they go on sale.
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
September 23, 2026, 05:22 PM
nhracecraft
^^ ANR Design is a commissioned supplier of holsters to SIG and located here in NH. Their holsters are sold at the SIG Pro Shop/SIG Experience Center, and used/worn by the instructors at SIG Academy.
It appears that video was uploaded/posted on YouTube shortly after midnight, so today, and therefore technically on Launch Day.
More on Holsters - According to SIG, Safariland already has 6000 series Duty Holsters, as well as the Incog X Concealable IWB Holster design(s) In Stock ready to ship for the P385.This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,
If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die!
September 23, 2026, 05:23 PM
Jupiter
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft: ^^ ANR Design is a commissioned supplier of holsters to SIG and located here in NH. Their holsters are sold at the SIG Pro Shop/SIG Experience Center, and used/worn by the instructors at SIG Academy.
It appears that video was uploaded/posted on YouTube shortly after midnight, so today, and therefore technically on Launch Day.
Makes sense.
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
Originally posted by nhracecraft: I believe you'll change your opinion once you get one in your hands.
I don't think so. I've had enough guns with rotating take down levers get hot and the texture on this one looks abrasive, compared to my Echelon. It's got nothing on my G19 Gen 6, which is the best poly gun I've ever had, for my egos.
According to the TFBTV vid, the grip is smooth until you grip it. Sounds exactly like the new texture on the Gen 6. I thought that was overly aggressive at first but it feels great.
I'll let others beta test for Sig and stay with a proven, iterative design.
Joe Back in Tx.
September 23, 2026, 05:39 PM
jljones
Almost guaranteed that Safariland had one for months now
________________ People hate you. Train like it.
September 23, 2026, 05:51 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft: I believe you'll change your opinion once you get one in your hands.
I don't think so. I've had enough guns with rotating take down levers get hot and the texture on this one looks abrasive, compared to my Echelon. It's got nothing on my G19 Gen 6, which is the best poly gun I've ever had, for my egos.
According to the TFBTV vid, the grip is smooth until you grip it. Sounds exactly like the new texture on the Gen 6. I thought that was overly aggressive at first but it feels great.
I'll let others beta test for Sig and stay with a proven, iterative design.
Oh, I'm sure the Glock is the best for your 'egos'. How often do you field strip a pistol mid-range session anyway? Neither the Takedown Lever nor the grip texture are overly aggressive. IF you can bring yourself to actually hold one, I'd still think you'd change your opinion.
If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die!