SIGforum
P385

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7970061225

September 23, 2026, 11:32 AM
BigSwede
P385
What happens if I accidentally hit the dingus with my weenis?


September 23, 2026, 11:53 AM
Il Cattivo
^^ You'll know that you have a remarkably narrow weenis.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Covert Dingus

I will not make jokes about crossdressing pistols.
I will not make jokes about crossdressing pistols.
I will not make jokes about crossdressing pistols...

Even if the jokes practically write themselves.
September 23, 2026, 12:15 PM
RogueJSK
It's 2026. We're supposed to be accepting of all pistols, even those that prefer to keep their dingus tucked in.

Would you fire me? I'd fire me. I'd fire me so hard.


September 23, 2026, 12:29 PM
bubbatime
Probably has a hinge style trigger like the original M&P.


______________________________________________________
Often times a very small man can cast a very large shadow
September 23, 2026, 12:39 PM
sean7
I'm so confused. Should I pick up a Fuse that I've been meaning to, or should I wait for the P385?
September 23, 2026, 01:03 PM
DanH
Sig's product page is up:

https://www.sigsauer.com/firearms/pistols/p385.html
September 23, 2026, 01:04 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^ I 'believe' it means that the both components need to move together to drop the striker. I 'believe' what was shown in the video by ANR Design is actually demonstrating that the Trigger Shoe moves independently, but moving the Trigger Shoe without moving the Trigger Block will NOT fire the P385.

I will head over to SIG and report back. Wink

At SIG now…The above theory is confirmed. The Trigger Shoe and the Trigger Block must move in unison in order to fire the P385. There are multiple redundant mechanical safeties. Any independent movement of the Trigger Shoe reaches a hard stop after approximately 1/8” of travel measured at the end of the trigger (I actually eyeballed that! Wink). The Trigger Block is also mechanically hard stopped and will not move unless it moves in unison with the Trigger Shoe. No amount of pre-travel of the Trigger Shoe will permit the Trigger Block to move either. Basically there’s no way to fire the P385 unless you pull the trigger, and cannot drop the striker unless the Trigger Block moves with it!

The P385 feels VERY Good in the hand, similar to the P365 Legion, but w/ a noticeably longer grip dimension measured from front strap to back strap. The trigger break feels similar to the P320 Legion and the reset is VERY positive/tactile. The slide is noticeably narrower than that of the P320, and P385 is a LOT lighter than the P320 as well. The 'Precision Barrel' is quite thick, appearing similar to what one would describe as a ‘bull barrel’. After I noticed/commented on that, it was mentioned that every component in the P385 was designed for a min. service life of 10K rounds. SIG has once again innovated here, and in a very good way…I believe they may have a winner!

I might get to shoot one on Friday! Cool

ETA - Add'l Detail

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
September 23, 2026, 01:37 PM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Probably has a hinge style trigger like the original M&P.


This was my guess, a sort of hybrid of the M&P & Glock triggers.
Pulling the trigger from the edge would expose the tab & stop trigger travel

nhracecraft's post sounds more or less in line with that.
Looking forward to seeing one in person.




The Enemy's gate is down.
September 23, 2026, 01:48 PM
nhracecraft
^^ NOT a hinge. The Trigger Shoe and the Trigger Block are pinned together, and can pivot relative to one another at that point, but it’s not at all similar to the function of the early M&P design.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
September 23, 2026, 01:48 PM
DanH
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
SIG has once again innovated here, and in a very good way…I believe they may have a winner! I might get to shoot one on Friday! Cool


Did you get to try the manual safety or get any info if it blocks the sear and trigger?

Any news on the P211s that came out as well?
September 23, 2026, 01:50 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
NOT a hinge. The Trigger Shoe and the Trigger Block are pinned together, and can pivot relative to one another at that point, but it’s not at all similar to the function of the early M&P design.
IOW, it's just like a Glock trigger, with the only real difference being that the safety tab/blade does not protrude past the face of the trigger, correct?
September 23, 2026, 01:55 PM
nhracecraft
^^ No manual safety variants were present. The FCU is a hybrid design of the P365 and the P320. I field stripped a P385 Carry, and the FCU looks like it’s more P365 than the P320. I got the impression it’s an evolution of the existing design(s), and does not ‘block’ the sear, but rather prevents the striker from being released by not permitting the trigger to do so.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
September 23, 2026, 02:02 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
NOT a hinge. The Trigger Shoe and the Trigger Block are pinned together, and can pivot relative to one another at that point, but it’s not at all similar to the function of the early M&P design.
IOW, it's just like a Glock trigger, with the only real difference being that the safety tab/blade does not protrude past the face of the trigger, correct?

I’m not really sure, and I’d probably need to learn more about the Glock trigger to offer a valid opinion. I can say that the Trigger Block absolutely does NOT move unless it moves with the Trigger Shoe from the ‘git-go’. It’s almost as if it’s the opposite of the Glock trigger if that makes sense.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
September 23, 2026, 02:07 PM
Il Cattivo
^^^ Very much a side issue, but could you tell if the slide, etc. from a full will work on the compact frame? The compensated pistol looks like it's the only one with a particularly long dust cover.

Also, and again a side issue, does it look like it has the same optic cut/footprint as the 320 or the newer one SIG's been putting on the 365 FUSE?

Last one for the moment, but if anybody knows - is it possible to simply put a 385 slide/barrel group on a 320 grip module with the 320 FCU and have a complete, working pistol or is the lockwork that different?
September 23, 2026, 02:08 PM
12131
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
IOW, it's just like a Glock trigger, with the only real difference being that the safety tab/blade does not protrude past the face of the trigger, correct?

That’s my impression as well. And the only way the gun will go off is that both the trigger and the tab/block move together. Nothing can happen just pressing on the trigger shoe alone in either case.


Q






September 23, 2026, 02:14 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ Very much a side issue, but could you tell if the slide, etc. from a full will work on the compact frame? The compensated pistol looks like it's the only one with a particularly long dust cover.

Also, and again a side issue, does it look like it has the same optic cut/footprint as the 320 or the newer one SIG's been putting on the 365 FUSE?

I believe everything’s interchangeable similar to the way the P320 & P365 are designed. I didn’t field strip a full size P385, so I don’t know how far the channel/bore for the recoil ass’y extends back from the front edge of the slide into the dust cover.

The optic cut/footprint is the new 'SIG-LOC' design.

ETA - Just checked…Everything interchanges, including the Mach3D upper receiver w/ the separate comp, but that one looks a little wierd. The P385 Full upper receiver goes on the P385 Compact grip no problem. The only difference between the grip modules is that the Carry/Full won’t take the 15rd Magazine.

Another ETA - Because you asked...Mach3D Upper Receiver w/ Compact Grip Module

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
September 23, 2026, 02:43 PM
Il Cattivo
^^ Thanks.
September 23, 2026, 02:47 PM
rat2306
The Compact could be a contender, have a stash of magazines for the 320 X Compact. I wonder if TFBTV and etc. have gotten to evaluate the 385s and release the videos?
September 23, 2026, 02:49 PM
Blackwater
Good looking grip. Not a fan of a knurled take down lever, can see that irritating the thumb in extended shooting session and they get hot.

Wonder if it's been tested as rigorously as the P320. Wink Moving on.


Joe
Back in Tx.
September 23, 2026, 02:56 PM
Jupiter
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I wonder if TFBTV and etc. have gotten to evaluate the 385s and release the videos?


Have any of the big YouTube gun channels released a video?


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell