SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Johnny Glock Triggers worth it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Johnny Glock Triggers worth it? Login/Join 
posted
Haven't seen anyone unhappy with his triggers. Never felt one myself.
PRICEY!
My 48 pinches a little at the trigger bottom. Just his flat trigger is $100. Over $200 for the whole assembly.
Struggling a little with putting a $200 trigger in a $400 gun.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a JG VEX -CONVEX FACE TRIGGER SHOE with a combat trigger bar for my duty G45.

I have only replaced all my Glock trigger shoes with the OEM smooth shoes. After a class where I fired 1k rounds in two days with my G45 I decided I needed something different.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I just ordered a JG VEX -CONVEX FACE TRIGGER SHOE with a combat trigger bar for my duty G45.

I have only replaced all my Glock trigger shoes with the OEM smooth shoes. After a class where I fired 1k rounds in two days with my G45 I decided I needed something different.

Did you use the $20 off and free shipping code? JGVEX20

I'm still on the fence about metal shoes. I like the factory one with the shaved down safety tab that he sells.

I have one of his combat trigger kits and polished striker. It does feel nice and crisp with a break about 4.5 pounds using factory spring weights. I did not use the over travel stop adjustment as I backed off the screw all the way to factory settings.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Thanks for mentioning the discount code, just ordered the trigger shoe!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I did use that coupon and thank you for mentioning it. My last post I was rushed and meant to put it in there.

I, too, have reservations about the metal shoe but decided to just go for it.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, you guys shamed me into the new trigger. Discount code helped!
thank you.

Watched his video. Doesn't seem too hard to replace.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just got an email from Johnny Glock stating that the sale was very successful and that they ran out. Said they should have more made by Friday to fulfill all orders placed during the sale. I was impressed that they sent out an email to let us know. It is what they should have done and many times it isn't done. Good on them.

I guess I'll stop watching USPS tracking.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Rangerproof, the company that makes them for Johnny, has the VEX, and seems like they are in stock. They just don't have the JG branding, and you get a ton of color options.

https://rangerproofswag.com/product/vex-f3/

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Well, I received my trigger and installed it. At first I couldn’t get the trigger pin back in. I called and the guy I talked to was super nice. When I finally got it installed it was a loose trigger. No reset at all. Had to disassemble the slide to get it apart. They immediately sent me a return label and said they will send me out a new one tomorrow morning. He said it’s obviously out of spec.
I couldn’t help myself and went back and reinstalled it after putting all OEM back in with no issues.
The trigger then would reset but only if I didn’t hold the trigger back while retracting the slide. So, that’s my experience so far.
The trigger I got is the convex for my G45 with combat trigger bar.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
How about an update on your Johnny Glock trigger?

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Ahh, yes. Thank you. I completely forgot.

About a week later I received the other new convex trigger with combat bar. I did use the firing pin spring and safety plunger spring that came with it. It all fit like it should. I went through another class using it on my G45 duty weapon without any issues at all. I love the trigger shoe feel. If I could afford it, I’d replace all my Glock shoes with the Johnny Glock Convex.

quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
How about an update on your Johnny Glock trigger?

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I purchased his trigger for my G22 giving me trigger sting. No matter how I adjusted it, it didn't eliminate the sting completely.

I afterwards bought a Vickers Tactical trigger, which did eliminate the sting.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post