SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommend Smith to mill P220 Elite Stainless SAO slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend Smith to mill P220 Elite Stainless SAO slide Login/Join 
Aspiring Cage Kicker
Picture of jeffsig220
posted
I am looking for someone to mill the slide and mount a Trijicon SRO/RMR optic on my P220 Elite Stainless SAO 10mm. Recommended companies or independent smiths are appreciated. Experiences, good or bad. Pics of your setups would be a bonus if you can. Merry Christmas everyone!

"it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Posts: 4184 | Location: Northern,NY | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
L&M Precision, Mr. Robert Burke @ Thesigarmorer, otherwise, jagerworks, or many others.

Nothing different from your 10mm and a normal 220 on that end of the slide.

Send it to Mr. Burke and be patient.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aspiring Cage Kicker
Picture of jeffsig220
posted Hide Post
The Elite Match and Hunter models have an adjustable rear sight that hangs over the tail end of the slide, would be the only difference from a standard 220. Would like the option of having back up sights available, in the unlikely event that the optic fails. Since this is strictly a hunting pistol and not used for defense , it’s not that important. Just an option I would like. I will look into those places you stated. Thank you.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Northern,NY | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L&M did a P226 for me, they did a great job.

https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffsig220:
The Elite Match and Hunter models have an adjustable rear sight that hangs over the tail end of the slide, would be the only difference from a standard 220.

Not quite the only difference. When you remove the adjustable rear sight, the safety lock bore is exposed, so the sight provides the top bearing surface for the safety lock.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATEi did my current P229 and I have had L&M Precision do several other guns. You would not be disappointed using either.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote is for Robert Burke. He did my P227, mounted the optic and sighted it in. Fast turn around too and perfect work.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aspiring Cage Kicker
Picture of jeffsig220
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone. I’ve contacted both and received good feedback.