SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P239 SAS Gen 1

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
New P239 SAS Gen 1 Login/Join 
posted
So I finally found a new (to me) p239 SAs gen 1 DAK, 9mm, in two-tone. I'd eventually like to change out the controls (hammer, trigger, slide lock lever, mag release, take down lever) to nickel Is there a source for parts that will fit/function properly...or would I be looking at custom plating. I'm relatively new to the world of Sigs, or at least their extensive/less common SKUs. Any advice you have would be much appreciated!

Posts: 10 | Location: USA | Registered: March 02, 2013Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You can scour fleabay for nickel parts. Or, it woul be easier just to have your controls nickel plated by CCR.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Might just do the latter. In fact,
I'd probably buy a second set of new parts to have nickel plated so I can configure it either way. Do new p239 DAK parts fit the old 239 SAS gen1? Any tolerance issues I'd be creating by having them aftermarket plated?

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
You can order the nickel controls directly from SIG if you like.

I just got a replacement magazine release for one of my true two tones a couple weeks ago

Other sources of NEW OEM SIG parts are Numerich Arms or here in the classifieds, Top Gun Supply.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I put nickel controls on a P225 about 5 years ago. Had about half of them that I bought from a retired SIG rep (factory parts). Bought the parts I needed and sent them to CCR for plating. Kept the original blued parts for a rainy day

Damn if I can tell the difference between factory and CCR plated. Those guys do a bang up job

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
no tolerance issues with the added thickness of the plating?