SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What does RXP stand for?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does RXP stand for? Login/Join 
posted
Bought a 320XC-9-BXR3-RXP
P320 RXP X-Compact.
I know the RXP represents the Romeo 1 Pro it comes with, but I cannot find what the acronym RXP stands for.

Posts: 2 | Location: Augusta, GA | Registered: March 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently bought that gun myself, I'm looking forward to shooting it. Good question, I will monitor the responses.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Internet Guess :

RX = milled for Reflex sight
P = Professional (sight and slide)

Why slide, too ?
It's a Professional Series slide which is milled for R1P/DPP and it has a separate dovetail.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been looking into the same thing. The RX models, which don't show in the 2020 catalog, come equipped with the Romeo1 optic. The RXP models come equipped with the Romeo1Pro optic. The Pro optic comes with a metal "cage" that surrounds the whole sight and costs about $100 more at retail.

HoWink

Posts: 133 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HoWink:
I've been looking into the same thing. The RX models, which don't show in the 2020 catalog, come equipped with the Romeo1 optic. The RXP models come equipped with the Romeo1Pro optic. The Pro optic comes with a metal "cage" that surrounds the whole sight and costs about $100 more at retail.
HoWink

So far you are supporting my Internet Guess except that the "shield" comes with R1P.
It is not an extra as with R1

Pro Tip:
R1P is what you want.
Avoid R1 if you are choosing pistol models.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to say "recently expired," but that may only apply to ex-parrots.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post