SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Awesome new Arsenal Firearms AF1 Ergal 9mm...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awesome new Arsenal Firearms AF1 Ergal 9mm... Login/Join 
posted
An all metal version of the very cool Strike One pistol, along with a greatly enhanced 2.5lb trigger, so what's not to love?

I love the design and the bore axis was the lowest of any semi auto pistol in the world in 2014 when it debuted. It still has the lowest bore axis of any locked breech semi auto that I know of. It also has the best striker fired trigger I've ever owned.

The Ergal, with its very high quality construction and materials used turn a very good pistol into an absolutely exceptional pistol.

The design is Russian, but its manufactured in Italy...MSRP $2200

With my Salient Strike One...

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK if we can comment on looks for an Italian gun, you say beautiful and I say ugly. What is up with those dots? In any case with guns, its really how it shoots and hope it works well.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
OK if we can comment on looks for an Italian gun, you say beautiful and I say ugly. What is up with those dots? In any case with guns, its really how it shoots and hope it works well.

They shoot awesome.

The dots are for traction and they work very well.

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Still retains that stupid fucking "tendon activating" strut at the top of the backstrap that makes the Strike One a very uncomfortable pistol to shoot.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Still retains that stupid fucking "tendon activating" strut at the top of the backstrap that makes the Strike One a very uncomfortable pistol to shoot.

I never even notice it, frankly. I’ve got quite a few rounds through Strike One pistols.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That "strut" does seem kinda odd, though - what's it for?

Of the Ergal and your Strike One, I think the Strike One is actually a hair more attractive. They both look like they'd be a lot of fun to shoot though.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one wild looking pistol. Is the frame aluminum? It matches the slide pretty well if it is.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your new pistol. At first glance, I thought it was a Kel-Tec. Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need to slap some Talons on that grip.

(just kidding)

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
What are the similarities & differences to the Archon Type B?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:

No these are high end pistols, which is the exact opposite of KelTec. I don’t buy that junk.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
What are the similarities & differences to the Archon Type B?

They are pretty close. I had an Archon a couple years ago. Obviously the Archon is polymer

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:

No these are high end pistols, which is the exact opposite of KelTec. I don’t buy that junk.

Oh, and .. I liked your original post.

That AF1 looks very interesting. Thanks for posting. That. Smile

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Strike One in 9mm. when they first came out. When the .40 came available I bought it too.
The guy whose shop I ordered them through missed out on the 9mm ones.
I sold him mine as he's a great guy and a good friend.
I kept the .40 and have shot the sh!t out of it and it is a pointer like my MK 25. I hit where I aim and it is natural.
The low bore axis and the Bergmann system is so slick you'd have virtually no muzzle flip.
Target reacquisition is almost instantaneous .
Now I've gotta' get another 9mm !

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john crusher:
I bought a Strike One in 9mm. when they first came out. When the .40 came available I bought it too.
The guy whose shop I ordered them through missed out on the 9mm ones.
I sold him mine as he's a great guy and a good friend.
I kept the .40 and have shot the sh!t out of it and it is a pointer like my MK 25. I hit where I aim and it is natural.
The low bore axis and the Bergmann system is so slick you'd have virtually no muzzle flip.
Target reacquisition is almost instantaneous .
Now I've gotta' get another 9mm !

Yes they point extremely well. The only semi auto I know of with a lower bore axis is the Alien, but that uses a blowback design.

posted Hide Post
Nice. Love to see an all steel version.

Posts: 301 | Registered: November 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Beauty truly is in the eye of the Beholder.

Looks cool, like a high end Glock imo.

Accuracy and Reliability of a firearm are the two most important factors in a defensive firearm for me.

However, I think ergonomics and how something looks is as important to the purchase decision, especially if you've bought guns before.

A person can buy a gun and it isn't even really for being the most tactical thing ever, just imagine that.

If someone can afford it and they want it and they've thought about it etc, buy it.

+++If he uses these for anything other than target shooters wouldn't a CCW used gun be destroyed even if it was lawful, if so I wouldn't bring these beauties there. (thats what Glocks are forrrr)

To OP: if you don't own a Glock you should just for carry days Smile

How are the "dots" on the grip, helpful or just aesthetic?

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
What stands out for me is how thin the receiver is near the back of the slide to get the bore axis down to your hand. Someone put a lot of thought into that and applied that "form follows function" principle.

It's fitting that it's an Italian gun with that sporty looking feature. And, yes, I know it's designed in Russia but I don't know how to reconcile that fact.

I like the dots but I'd have to feel them in terms of traction.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
And, yes, I know it's designed in Russia but I don't know how to reconcile that fact.

Big Grin Are the Italians capable of producing anything technical and futuristic without redesigning it?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post