SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 4 G19 trigger upgrades.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 4 G19 trigger upgrades. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Looking for input on glock trigger mods. I don't know the specifics on what connectors do what.

Also, I want a better trigger shoe apex flat looks like a possibility.

What I don't want, anything that compromises drop safety. I don't mind take up as long as its smooth.

I like the wall just a smoother break. Lightening a bit would be ok but I don't need a super light trigger.

I have done the polish job and it's better but I think I need a little more on the striker tab. No dreamer, only polish.

I need a cliff notes glock trigger tutorial.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Try a standard Gen 3 connector and a G17 smooth face trigger. Polish with NevrDull and use light grease.
Cheap, easy, safe.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Best trigger mod you can do to any Glock is to throw the Glock away and buy a P320. LOL True story!!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will literally get a hundred different answers to your question. I have went down that road myself. After many different connectors, springs, etc., I have installed the Overwatch Precision Falx trigger in my Gen 4 G19, and other than being maybe 1/2 lb over my prefered break weight, it is perfect in everway ( takeup , reset, no creep and the trigger shoe is the most comfortable of any of the other ones I have tried (curved or straight). It is also expensive at $150. It is the only one *I* would put in my Glock. The connector is the standard factory connector that came in my Gen 4 G19 from the factory,no spring changes, and factory safe. I personally, would buy a CZ P-10c for $450 first or buy a Sig P-320C second, like the above poster mentioned, if that would be an option for you.

http://overwatchprecision.com/falx/

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its funny that some are suggesting a P320 instead of the G19 because I just shot a new Gen 4 19 alongside my 320c at the range this weekend. The Glocks trigger was by far the best stock Glock trigger I've pulled. It had more mush than the Sig and it wasn't quite as crisp but it was lighter. If I just put them beside each other and compared their triggers I'd probably say the Sig felt better but when actually shooting them, I preferred the Glock. The lighter pull of the G19 was more noticeable than I expected and it did help me get better groups than I could get with the 320.
Of course this is just my experience, two more of these pistols produced at different times could be completely different.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I'm not unhappy with the G 19, I love it. It's perfectly acceptable as is. But I'm going minimalist on the amount of guns I own to having a couple that I really commit to.

I just want to get as good a trigger as I can while staying in my parameters of what's acceptable. I've shot a 320. Good gun. Not for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The OEM - connector is enough for me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The best trigger upgrade for a G19 is a couple of cases of ammo.

Apply liberally, rinse, repeat.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ghost edge connector non adjustable, gen 3 trigger bar with apex trigger shoe. The ghost edge connector removes the wall that Glock triggers have, it has a smooh pull until the striker is release.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
Best trigger mod you can do to any Glock is to throw the Glock away and buy a P320. LOL True story!!

Pretty damn helpful you are. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
If you want a flat shoe then I'd say overwatch or agency arms. The agency will ship with a - connector.

If not those then go with a smooth trigger and minus connector or apex connector and polish job. You may want to even buy a few different connectors just to see what you like.

A million options out there. For me, I use an agency and polish everything or a smooth face and apex connector and polish everything as my go to set ups. I have others, but like those for the cost the best.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I like and would suggest the setup of the Apex third gen flat trigger, with a Ghost 3.5 pound connector. That combo in a Gen4 19 seems to put off the best feeling trigger. The pull on the ones I have handled has been somewhere between 4.25 and 4.5.

Agony seems to be the resident expert around here and he seems to like some of the other stuff, IIRC. The cool thing is that as long as you've got the money, you can mix and match options until you find what you like. I personally detest the factory serrated trigger on the 19, so at the very least all of mine get a stock smooth trigger bar.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently got a Glock 19 MOS Gen4 and tried multiple triggers. According to reviews it seems the safest triggers tend to use stock trigger bars so you're really just paying for a trigger shoe. I bought the Overwatch, Apex, and OE smooth triggers - all came on Gen3 trigger bars that I polished. I like the Apex the best but all three triggers were serviceable. I also installed the OE "-" connector. Nothing else and I get a smooth crisp 5# trigger with all three. If doing again, I'd just buy the "-" connector and the smooth OE trigger.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Reminds me to put a smooth OEM trigger into my G19 when I get a chance to go to the range.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we go, there are tons of options, but after wading through a few set ups i have come up with a couple that seems to get a lot of positive reviews from most the people i know.

For the money, Apex trigger is a very nice trigger, and they have a kit out now that has the Trigger + gen 3 trigger bar, the Ultimate Safety Plunger, and the APEX connector. If you shop around you can get this for about 100-105.00 for the kit with some sales going on etc. I have one APEX trigger on a Glock 17, very nice trigger, reduced over travel, great reset, and nice and flat to help with a better trigger pull.

https://store.apextactical.com...ducts/Details/192369

Next up is Overwatch they have three very nice triggers, TAC (Flat with small hook at bottom), DAT(complete flat) and FALX (little more rounded, and more hook overall). All their triggers come with gen 3 trigger bars coated in Robar's NP3 coating. The FALX was created for those who use a little more finger inside their trigger guard on the trigger. I have 4 TAC triggers, paired with OEM Minus connectors, all are nice reduced over travel, crisp break and short strong reset. They are nice and flat, and like the APEX help with a proper trigger pull. I have one FALX i just put into a build, have not put any rounds through it yet.

http://overwatchprecision.com/

Then their is the IGFS enhanced duty trigger , if looks is your thing, and it is a factor for some, this trigger will turn you off, but in my book, it's become my favorite and now resides in my EDC and back up. Paired with a OEM minus connector, and it gives me a nice rolling break, still crisp but a softer edge to it, hard to explain unless you have all the triggers in front of you. Same reduced over travel, maybe a hair longer reset, and i be a hair, but still nice tactile and audible reset.

http://innovativegunfightersol...-trigger-9mm-40-357/

Connectors

Thing is how one connector feels in one gun with one trigger may feel different in any other gun with same set up, glocks are funny that way. Three i run now are , Ghost 3.5, OEM Minus and new one to the group that so far i am very impressed with is the Taran Tactical connector (electroless nickel plated). Ghost seems to give me a little lighter pull than Minus, and the Taran is somewhere in between but smoother. Overwatch has a OEM minus they coat in Robar's NP3 like they do there trigger bars.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my Overwatch Precision TAC. No spring changes, gen3 bar, just as safe as the factory setup. It is pricey but I would go that route again. It only hurt once.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I really like my Overwatch Precision TAC. No spring changes, gen3 bar, just as safe as the factory setup. It is pricey but I would go that route again. It only hurt once.

DVOR was just running them for 104.00+shipping

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've gone with an Overwatch TAC on my G19 Gen4. I really like the feel of the Overwatch trigger shoe as well as the shortened pre-travel. I have tried both the OEM "-" and Ghost Edge connectors along with the Overwatch set up an I can't see much difference between these connectors as far as trigger break. Both 4.5 - 5 lbs as best I can measure. I also have a FALX on my G43 which works well as I need to put more trigger finger in because of the small size of the G43 grip.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried a few and my competition G34 has ended up with a Ghost 3.5 connector, Wolff reduced power striker spring, 25 cent job,and practice. If you want to take one more step try Jaeger ultra-light striker pin (most expensive part of the puzzle for me.)

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
No spring changes, gen3 bar, just as safe as the factory setup.

Is there a reliability issue with aftermarket trigger bars?

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post