SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    " MONTAGE SUISSE" P220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

" MONTAGE SUISSE" P220 Login/Join 
posted
I have been looking at a "Montage Suisse" P220. I have seen them in the past with the nomenclature rollmarked on the slide, but I looked at one recently that was described as such a model, but didn't have the rollmark. Is there a stamp on these guns that would denote them as being the Swiss model? Thanks for the help.

Posts: 128 | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
The imprinted phrase simply means assembled in Switzerland. Without the roll mark the weapon would be a made in Germany pistol but would carry Swiss proof marks if sold and used in Switzerland. All the above is to the best of my understanding.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. In looking at some photos again, I did see the Swiss proof marks.

Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
If you are talking about a P220 that is for sale online, I don't see anything in the photos to indicate it is "Montage Suisse". As a matter of fact, the slide is marked "Made in W. Germany". The Swiss proof mark could just be an indication the gun was sold in Switzerland.

I would be wary of the seller since he states that these Montage Suisse P220s "featured stainless steel construction" which wasn't used by SIG in the '70s or '80s especially one with such an early serial number of G101xxx. And if it were truly a Swiss Police weapon, I would expect there to be the Swiss Canton markings of the police department stamped on the pistol which I can't find in any of the photos.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was confusing two guns that I had been looking at from an estate. The estate representative described it as Swiss and I didn't see the rollmark, thats why I asked. I also saw the one you are referring to and questioned the seller about the S/S construction. Thanks for the help.