SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on buying an original p225
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on buying an original p225 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
@ SigSentry: I've never heard the term "M675". What does that mean?

It's the M prefix and the first three digits of the gun's serial number. It's from the last batch ever made of the original P225. Half of it in were made in 2009. The other half in 2010 with the "German Police Pistol" rollmark on the left side of the slide. The first half of the batch were without the rollmark, like SigSentry's gun.

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I follow you now, thanks for the clarification! I knew that the P225 S/N started with the prefix letter "M" but that's about it... Here's a question I've always been interested in knowing the answer to: What is the actual total number of P225/P6 pistols manufactured? Did SIG/SAUER start with "M 000 001"or did they go another route and start with, say "M 000 100"? It seems we may be talking about 1/2 million or so pieces.

Posts: 2006 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have an M675 with the German Police Pistol roll mark. I picked it up off this forum in pristine condition. Very nice pistol.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the actual total number of P225/P6 pistols manufactured? Did SIG/SAUER start with "M 000 001"or did they go another route and start with, say "M 000 100"?

According to this thread --> https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1130042554

Serial # M400-001 was the first production P225, and the last production batch of P225's were Serial #'s M675-XXX, manufactured in 2010.

Sooo, assuming NO gaps and/or reserved S/N ranges, over 275,000 P225's were produced.... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8766 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Dog, I got mags, grips and parts kit in the mail today. I just got out of the hospital for shoulder surgery today so as soon as I regain use of my arm, I'll get to work on it.
Thanks again!

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats AMC. They are excellent pistols. $400 was a good deal. Don't worry about the wear that's a shooter now.

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's interesting nhracecraft, thanks for the data. Each of the P Series must have started with a different S/N than "400 001" as done with the P225. I think one of my P220's made in 1984 (date code IE) is in the "G 132 xxx" range. I'll look to confirm that though.

Posts: 2006 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$425 is a solid buy. I bought one about 17 years ago for $400 and THAT was a great buy. I had Ernest Langdon to some trigger work and put Nill grips on it. The old school stippled variety.

The 225 is a heck of a gun. A little big for the number of rounds in it, but it is a pleasure to shoot.

-shooter

Posts: 342 | Location: VA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got around to taking the slide apart. The marring around the role pin is pretty ugly. Fortunately its not terribly deep and shouldn't effect function. I'm thinking of filing off the burrs and refinishing with alumahide or gun kote.
What do you guys think? Worth trying to fix or leave as is?

https://imgur.com/a/S7CmEsP

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post