September 30, 2026, 08:43 PM
ridewvBeretta 92SB Repro
Beautiful pistol marred (IMO) by the gold engraving on the left side. Sig's P226 40th anniversary comes to mind. Anyone seen one of these Beretta's?
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/...RgufY-kIMbX_dZgw0weNSeptember 30, 2026, 09:01 PM
ruger357Agreed. I was lucky enough to find a 226 40th without the gaudy crap on the slide. I would buy one of these Berettas if it didn’t have the gold teeth.
October 01, 2026, 06:54 AM
MacGyverUnless you have to have the commemorative one (which I can understand), I think a “real” Italian 92SB is the better buy. A seller on GB recently had unissued police ones for around $500.
October 01, 2026, 04:27 PM
bac1023quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver:
Unless you have to have the commemorative one (which I can understand), I think a “real” Italian 92SB is the better buy. A seller on GB recently had unissued police ones for around $500.
Thought those were 92S
October 01, 2026, 07:38 PM
FredwardI wouldn't spend 1500 bucks on a Beretta 92 if it performed oral sex.
October 01, 2026, 10:04 PM
ridewvquote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I wouldn't spend 1500 bucks on a Beretta 92 if it performed oral sex.
I probably wouldn't either. Or $1,400 for a 226 40th Anniversary. However when the Sig's street price dropped to $700 or maybe it was $800 I did.
Would you buy a Beretta 92SB Repro at $800 if they happen to be as unsuccessful as Sig's 40th and get heavily discounted?
October 01, 2026, 11:33 PM
darkest2000As a Beretta fanboy, they really dropped the ball with this "50th" anniversary edition 92SB...
It makes no sense that they would pick the 92SB, it's neither represents the original 92 that came out 50 years ago, nor is it the hero model that most people recognize (that would be the 92FS or the M9).
Then, they went and adorned the gun with this G10 grip, which once again is an odd choice that looks completely out of place with the polished deep blue aesthetics of the rest of the gun....they could've gone with some fancy walnut, like the original
Basically the original standard 92SB looked more high end than this 50th anniversary version.
All this along with the ugly paragraph long warning label and $1500 price tag....I'd have gotten 3 mint condition 92SB's for the price instead.
Just fail.
October 02, 2026, 04:02 AM
MacGyverquote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver:
Unless you have to have the commemorative one (which I can understand), I think a “real” Italian 92SB is the better buy. A seller on GB recently had unissued police ones for around $500.
Thought those were 92S
The ones I'm talking about were Guardia di Finanza guns and they were definitely 92SB. I wouldn't be surprised though if other sellers have/had older models; it seems that all except the very first model are pretty easy to find online.
The interesting thing I noticed about those GdF guns, which may answer some of the questions raised above, is that some of them had very recent proof marks. This makes me think that they were either assembled recently from old-stock parts
or that the tooling was around until recently and that they were actually just still in production (which would explain why Beretta USA was able to do the repro, and why they chose the 92SB instead of the original series). The repro model did show up at around the same time as that large batch of unissued GdF guns (GdF switched over to the PX4 a few years ago).