SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommend an airsoft or pellet pistol small enough for a woman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend an airsoft or pellet pistol small enough for a woman Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Javalina don't really scare off. Personally, I'd carry nothing less than a .357, likely a Kimber K6s in 3 inch.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
She is better off with the stick than any C02 pistol let alone an air soft gun....

Personally, if you are walking in an area where you have a good chance of being attacked by something... regardless of it having four or two legs... I'd find another place to walk. Especially if you have with you others who can not defend themselves. Who intentionally goes into harms way with loved ones?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Those space age looking single shot pellet pistols would be difficult to conceal. But thanks for the reference.

We were on a paved 20 foot wide private street within our gated community, 1/2 block from home. We were not 'in the brush', but it is thick on either side of the street. Aside from the javelina, we have coyotes, bobcats, at least one mountain lion. The latter killed an adult buck in the same area one year ago on the same neighbors property where this javelina came from. He was po'ed that time because G&F left the carcass to decompose which attacted coyotes and buzzards. He had to pay someone to come out and remove the buck carcass. He hinted that he wanted me to pay to have the javelina carcass removed.

The same neighbor (ex CA) was fired up yesterday because of the carcass left on his acreage and the blood. He and his wife both carry and supposedly have "extensive training". Ironic that he asked me about AZ laws which they've no effort to learn.

The shot penetrated the right eye and did not exit.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
I have a KWA Sig 226, it uses Green Gas and has a removable magazine that holds 23 airsoft pellets. I use it mainly to accelerate the departure of squirrels from my backyard. Multiple hits do them no harm and they always come back for more. Pigs and airgun, you are going to need a VERY LARGE caliber and most likely it will be a single shot! As for cost, well open your wallet. Check out Airgun depot for starters or gateway to airguns.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm not really as abrasive as I pretend at times..

Here's my thinking of one direction to go... get her one of the Sig P226 CO2 pellet pistols.... after she tries it for a while then she might decide she really wants a P226.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
She has small hands so a P226 would be cumbersome. My former agency issued either P226/9 or P220/45. The P226 was a tad to big for my hands. I want her to feel confident and comfortable with whatever she chooses.

I bought her some SABRE pepper spray today. I was surprised to learn that 'bear spray' is less potent than pepper spray, but pepper spray has a shorter stream range. The bear spray canisters were huge to contain more propellant for longer range. She's already experienced the effects of pepper spray from an old container I had before retirement. She knows what it can do.

I think she's getting used to the idea of carrying a firearm after this incident. She'll get training and maybe carry my P365, at least on walks with the dog. But it'll be her choice.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just re-read your first post. Charged by a couple wild animals; wife won't carry pistol (probably not a shotgun with less lethal ammo ammo either).
What is solution ?
hatchet, machete, pointy stick, hammer, bigger dog, armed husband,
I think the situation screams - handgun. Hope she comes to same conclusion. .357 mag with snakeshot in 1st cylinder if she is feeling generous
What if animal is rabid or doesn't run away.

Posts: 1402 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Better to kill an animal outright than to wound it.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
If she's not going to defend herself, she shouldn't put herself in harms way.

An animal that attacks unprovoked deserves one response, it should be killed.

Fending off an attack permits it to not only to repeat the act, but emboldens others to do the same... including off-spring.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plate armor

Posts: 1402 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Had to Google javelina. Don’t think I’ve ever heard of them, but after watching some YouTube videos on them, I’d be packing my G20 if we had them around here. They look like pigs. Are they good eating?

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Since she won't carry, maybe adding a MAA Lance Point Spear to her walking stick would add a bit more protection?

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Pellet gun, maybe.

Airsoft is designed specifically not to harm Humans, let along wild animals. Most of the time they won't even feel it.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
Had to Google javelina. Don’t think I’ve ever heard of them, but after watching some YouTube videos on them, I’d be packing my G20 if we had them around here. They look like pigs. Are they good eating?

They have scent glands on their back and hocks that are pretty skunky, you have to be careful when you skin a Javelina. If that musk gets on your hands or knife blade it contaminates the meat. They are also omnivores. I have seen them eating a gut pile from a feral hog we killed the day before. I don’t consider Javelina meat worth the trouble of processing.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post