SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Carry Ejection- all over place?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Carry Ejection- all over place? Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

I have a P220 Carry Stainless frame and noticed something today.

The brass would fly out without any hint of jamming, but it was far from consistent in the direction.

At least one or two times it went over my face/head and landed behind me. Some other times it flew out at about 1 oclock on the dial.
The rest of the time it was going to the right somewhere, but I am unsure where.

Again, no jamming issues, but it makes picking up my brass a pain.

I am used to the predictability of my 1911s, which land between 4 and 5 oclock, and about 5-7 feet away.

Is this normal? or what should I be looking at?

Probably about 100 rounds through the gun since it was ceracoted [black on slide, tungten on frame, as there were some rust pits near beavertail and under grips. I don't know if this is a matter of extractor wearing into the slot, or what, but I don't recall this erratic nature on my P226, or my old P225.

What are your thoughts on this?

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I am willing to bet your 1911 commander does the same thing.

I think it"s a size thing.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time to check your extractor and extractor spring.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16106 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post