SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looks like SIG is dumping the old Legion for "cheap".
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like SIG is dumping the old Legion for "cheap". Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
At this moment, it's $900 for the E26R-9-LEGION at GrabAGun.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
that's not Sig but an online gun dealer.... it is cheap.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Still too high

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
that's not Sig but an online gun dealer.... it is cheap.

I know that’s not SIG, but an online dealer. But, why do you think these vendors can afford to sell these so much lower now? Even SIG Pro Shop was selling these for such low price recently. They are dumping the old models, those without the optic-ready cut.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jam0
posted Hide Post
That's quite a discount from original MSRP. I imagine the reason why is, as Q states, no optic cut. Makes me wonder if something new is coming.

Posts: 20 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Still too high

Yep.

quote:
Originally posted by jam0:
That's quite a discount from original MSRP. I imagine the reason why is, as Q states, no optic cut. Makes me wonder if something new is coming.

/looks at watch

Well, it's Tuesday, and it's Sig Exeter. So, yes.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed Buds had the no optic cut P229 Legion SAO for $913.49 a short time up to 07/18/2023 and then moved it to $949.99 on 07/19/2023.

Nothing wrong with the no optic cut, good to see the preference for the current market may make it even better to grab an "old" one soonSmile

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If I was flush at the moment I'd snatch another one up. Looks like they are trying to unload inventory of the non optic ones.. Seems these 'dot' pistols are all the rage these days. I like 'em and they are much more accurate for putting holes in paper but I can't for the life of me (hope not) get around something I was taught many years ago... never depend solely on electronics when your life depends on it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like 'em and they are much more accurate for putting holes in paper but I can't for the life of me (hope not) get around something I was taught many years ago... never depend solely on electronics when your life depends on it.

Then don't. All of my dot guns have backup iron sights, and the Romeo X is so low you don't even need to change the irons at all. The only guns that makes sense as dot only guns to me are competition race guns where losing your dot isn't near the top of keeping the gun running.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I was flush at the moment I'd snatch another one up. Looks like they are trying to unload inventory of the non optic ones.. Seems these 'dot' pistols are all the rage these days. I like 'em and they are much more accurate for putting holes in paper but I can't for the life of me (hope not) get around something I was taught many years ago... never depend solely on electronics when your life depends on it.

If the dot goes out on an optic like that, most people use the optic to frame the target and just hold for center. You wouldn't win a bullseye competition doing it, but I think you could kill someone running at you with a knife just fine. Besides, like Dan said, they generally don't replace the iron sights, they are in addition to.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The $899 price is now up to $999

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig in Epping had the 226 and 220 Legion models for $800 last I went in. I picked up a 226 myself.

Posts: 2190 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
Sig in Epping had the 226 and 220 Legion models for $800 last I went in. I picked up a 226 myself.

$800 is a crazy deal. I've wanted a p220 legion for a long time. If I lived there I'd be on that like stink on a monkey.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up P229 a Legion from GrabAGun. I’ve wanted one bad since they came out, and since I don’t care about an optics-ready model, I gladly snagged up a “cheap” one LOL. I was warned that getting into SIGS was an expensive hobby…

I was split between the 226 and 229, but my M11-A1 (essentially a P229) always wanted a brother. Utilizing the same mags and holsters tipped me to the P229. It sure seems nice handling it, can’t wait to get it to the range! Thanks!

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Sooo, when are you picking up the P226 Legion...I mean, you know you want need that one too! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Sooo, when are you picking up the P226 Legion...I mean, you know you want need that one too! Razz

Sure I need one of those too; gotta let my bank account recover 1st Eek

I’m not a poor man but I’m also not a rich man, and even this “cheap” Sig was about $1,050 after ship/tax/transfer. I wish I would’ve picked up knitting or backgammon as a hobby instead of guns! (Not really, guns are way more fun)

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
Red Dots and Rail Lights ALWAYS sit on my Night Stand Guns and other Home Defense guns.

So YES, the OPTIC CUT OUT 229's/226's are important to me for HD.

For EDC, the Sig 228's/229's with Iron Sights and CTC grip Lasers are my "go to" favorites. Since I have those covered, I will not be buying those NEW ones at discounted prices of +/- $900.00.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure I get the point here.

Legions were IMO always rather overpriced. Now Sig has come out with an optics-cut Legion, so they’re cleaning out old inventory to make way for the new Legion - with optic cut. P=series guns are expensive enough, no need to add the optic cut to the price; you want an optic, buy a Legion. Else buy a regular P=series.

Seems eminently business-like to me.

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ They were overpriced, but now, they're more palatable, @ $900 for those who want a Legion gun. I don't care for the Legion, but that's the point.

Q

posted Hide Post
Hell, even the plain jane P226 E26R-9-BSE is a $1000 gun nowadays. Shame it takes discontinuing (I assume) a gun to bring its price to a more reasonable level.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post