SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225-A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P225-A1 Login/Join 
Junior Member
posted
I am thinking of changing my current CCW (Glock 26) to the discontinued P225-A1. Anyone using this model as their primary? Aside from capacity issues, please advise me either for or against. I am a civilian in my 70's and quite active who carries daily. Any and all thoughts appreciated.
 
Posts: 2 | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glock 26

Nothing wrong with either, you are giving up a small amount of capacity 8+1 vs 10+1, but you would be going up in weight a significant amount.

19.75 oz vs 30.5 oz
 
Posts: 28567 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Holsters may be a bit of a pain in the neck. I've gotten good leather ones from Craft Leather and Tucker & Byrd. The Craft Leather carries the pistol close in and tight but the Tucker & Byrd carries the pistol close in while providing slightly easier access. The Tucker & Byrd will take a few weeks to deliver. The Craft Leather holster will also take some (considerable) time to be delivered, and it will be tight - in other words, break-in will be required but isn't too big of a deal. Tucker & Byrd's website doesn't have a "search by gun" feature but, also for what it's worth, I got an SST from them.

Shoulder holsters may be available as well from both makers. For what it's worth I haven't found any kydex holsters.

http://www.craftholsters.com/s...-a1-leather-holsters

http://www.tuckerandbyrdholste...sters/belt-holsters/

De Santis Holsters may accommodate you as well, but the one I wanted (the Mini Scabbard) was a custom proposition since I wanted a thumb strap. Their website doesn't take you directly to a 225A1 section either, but does give you the option of searching by gun model once you're there.

http://www.desantisholster.com/

HRK is right about bulk and magazine capacity, but as pistols go the 225A1 does seem to tuck away pretty nicely without being so small that it's kind of fiddly either through the draw or once its in your hand.

If you decide you need additional magazines or other parts, now may be the time to get them.
 
Posts: 27436 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225-A1

© SIGforum 2026