SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can anyone recommend a shoulder rig for the 938?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone recommend a shoulder rig for the 938? Login/Join 
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted
Does anyone have experience with the UrbanCarry 'Modular REVO' or the AlienGear 'ShapeShift'?

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is the 938 similar in size to the glock 42?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phelen_Kell,

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of shoulder rigs. Too sweaty.

But the best I've seen are the FIST Inc. rigs. Either vertical or horizontal.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ve had an Alessi “Bodyguard” horizontal shoulder rig for a couple of years for my P238. Very happy with it – wide harness straps over the shoulder for comfort. The pistol doesn’t dangle when I lean forward. Pouch for two mags on the offside. An excellent way to carry when wearing a jacket – especially when driving. It has Alessi’s “Speedbreak” retention system, which snaps closed within the trigger guard. No need to fumble with a retention strap – a sharp tug on the pistol pops the snap open.

Unfortunately Alessi Holsters has ceased operations. But according to this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...350026834#6350026834

“Skip Ritchie was Lou Alessi's old apprentice/partner who spun off his own separate business. He does excellent quality work.”

And Ritchie has all, or most, of the Alessi holster patterns.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

“Skip Ritchie was Lou Alessi's old apprentice/partner who spun off his own separate business. He does excellent quality work.”

And Ritchie has all, or most, of the Alessi holster patterns.

http://www.ritchieholsters.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend thought about a shoulder holster for his P938, but ultimately decided on a leather CC vest.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post