SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 factory Sig all steel 10rd USA magazine info
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 factory Sig all steel 10rd USA magazine info Login/Join 
posted
I picked up a few 10rd sig made in USA all metal mags used, any input on these? Are they just as reliable as the mecgar 10 rd 1/2 metal 1/2 plastic mags? Thanks for any info.

Posts: 19 | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Checkmate is the mfg, they make good quality mags.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early checkmates has some issues. But assuming they are recent gtg

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks y’all!

Posts: 19 | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they are the old ban era “USA” brand magazines they are garbage. Back in the early to mid 90’s a brand called USA capitalized on the scarcity of magazines and put out some of the worst quality magazines in history!
I may be wrong but suspect that the newer company pro mag may be the same company reconstituted- horrible quality.
Having said that every once in a while you might get one that actually works.
I would not buy anything but oem or mecgar myself

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
My P226 Legion and my Mk 25 both came with Checkmate USA made, Sig branded magazines. No issues at all, they work just as well as my German and Italian made magazines and they seem a bit studier. I like the painted finish on them as it helps prevent rusting in the wet weather we have 8 months out of the year where I live.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
My experience with USA Brand mags has been shitty. Those may be ok, I don't know.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post