Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun show Login/Join 
Picture of jack32586
posted
I was cruising the every other month gun show here in SW Florida. I wasn’t even going to buy anything, was my story leaving the house. I happened on a lonely non-railed 226 and felt a little nostalgic. I wanted to touch it! So I asked the “ lady” sitting in the booth if it would be ok if I picked it up. Pretty good shape for an older Sig, nice chamber and no dents etc in the crown. Then I saw the tag. Hand written- P365-$475. I’m somewhat opportunistic, but not like that, so I thought I’d let her know. I held up the gun and said, this says $475, but it’s labeled P365. She barely looked up, and said in a very nasty voice, yeah thats what it is. I said I have a 365, and it seems smaller. She said it’s 475, you want it or not. I said here’s my card. And now I don’t feel nostalgic anymore. I don’t know what it worth, but the same one on a used gun site is listed at 899.

Posts: 206 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait till someone picks up their P365 and gets a load of that price tag. Hahaha.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Big Grin. This so brings back a memory for me. At a show, on a FFL friend's table, laid a exquisite 1903 rifle tagged about the same price as your P365/P226. I went there with the intention of bringing home a new firearm. ID,cash and my 4473 all filled out, NICS called in and the '03 was mine! I got it's sling over my shoulder and it's proud little price tag wagging while walking the isles. I came upon the FFL who's table I made the purchase from. He asked me, "Where was I going with the '03"? I said I had just bought it from him. His wife did the sale and has the money. He said he had just taken that rifle in and it wasn't for sale.Oooops..

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
Definitely oops! I just saw an 03 for sale at that show. 2500. Just in the rack with the other “ old” guns. No sign on it saying “ Gen Pattons fingerprints, Smedley Butler carried this, Capt Kirks main weapon, wasn’t even a sniper version. Someone was pretty proud of it. I sold mine to a friend in 19 for 500. I’m a practical weapon guy, so I had no use for it, other than I shot a few bears with it while hunting. When the laws about bear hunting changed, it once again became obsolete. 500 was probably a little light, but he was foaming at the mouth every time he looked at it, and I never did check it for Pattons fingerprints.

Posts: 206 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
I would love to know what this thing is actually worth. I’ve found two for sale “ out there” on the interwebs, both $899. Its in great condition. I used the serial number look-up I here. It looks like it was made in 88. Matching # on barrel and frame. Wear marks on the barrel, but that’s about it. Cosmetic stuff on the outside. The bluing ( possibly not correct) isn’t even worn on the rails. No marks on the beaver tail or heavy holster wear, which tells me it isn’t a LEO trade in, or at least never saw duty carry. The guide rod and spring look new. $899 seems steep. It came with a mag, but its new. Any help is appreciated.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Just the gun with one mag and not the original box and paperwork like the test target?

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
Yes, just a unplanned gun show purchase. My guess it was an estate sale or something like that. The person I bought it from at the show was rather unpleasant and definitely didn’t have a back story or even know what it was. It was mis- labeled and she didn’t care.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, P365... as in I would have paid $475 any day of the week.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Probably closer to the $600-650 range maybe higher for a motivated buyer.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find. $475 is a good condition police trade in price from 2010.

P220 (.45)
P225
P226 (9mm)
P228
P229 (.40)
P365
P6
SP2022 (9mm & .40)

"...it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." - Clarence Worley in True Romance

Posts: 375 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What show was that,WPB? Great find

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
It was the show in Fort Myers 10th and 11th

posted Hide Post
Jack I checked Gunbroker for late 1980s W German Sig P-226 9mm found maybe five pistols and all had a good number of bids if that means anything. $475 is an excellent family/fiend kind of price, if I was the gun show dealer it would of had a $750 price tag to allow some room for haggling.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the input. Going to see what I can do, and get that compact P320 I was actually looking for when I went to the show. Unless your my wife, then I wasn’t looking FOR a 320, just AT a 320

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
About a month or two ago I was at my FFL picking up another pistol from one of you guys and saw one in a display case but can't remember what the asking price was.. but I will guarantee it was a bit more than what you paid for that '365'.

If you like striker fired pistols then you will love the P320 compact.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Sounds like that "lady" got what she deserved, IMO. You tried to be honorable and she gave you crap for it. I'd have no problem paying that for a vintage P226 in any kind of good shape. It's not a screaming deal but it's a very good deal.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kobren:
$475 is an excellent family/fiend kind of price

I don't normally offer discounts to fiends....
Cool Big Grin

Posts: 1732 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think you did really well. I traded a G45 I had $450 in even up for a West German P226 and it is not in as nice of condition and I think I got the better end of that bargain. I think you did really well, better than I did for sure. I'm with the others, add $200 and you're at the going rate. Dealer took an attitude when you tried to help her, I think it's only fair to pay her asking price after that. Big Grin

Posts: 17138 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People bad mouth gun broker but about two years ago i picked up a two tone P239 in .40, starting bid was $350 so i bit, forgot all about it until i got the you have won email. Guy was local so we did a meet and greet, he said because he didn't have to ship it he dropped it to $300, showed him my CCW permit to dispel any uneasiness and i walked away with a Sig that looked like it had rode the shelf in a safe its whole life

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
Great deal! I usually don’t get lucky like that- but I did at the show.