SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P938 Magazine Surprise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 Magazine Surprise Login/Join 
posted
I bought a new P938 last week and after going over the firearm, I decided to look at the 7 round mag with the pinky extension. When I shook it I could hear something rattling inside. My first thought was the spring was causing it. On further investigation I found two small 3/16 inch size beads inside the magazine. They were non-metallic and gray in color.

Anybody experienced this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Uncle Grinch,

Shoot Safe...

Mike

Posts: 6 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

While I have never found beads inside of new mags I have found all kinds of plastic and metal burrs and scraps in them.

I long ago adopted the policy of completely tearing down all new or new to me mags and inspecting, cleaning and then lubing them with MagSlick dry film lube.

Posts: 18047 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picture added....

Shoot Safe...

Mike

Posts: 6 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Do the have a hole through them?
Thinking maybe a woman's bead jewelry broke at the factory.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I bet those are polishing media that got stuck inside the magazine body and were missed when it was assembled at the factory.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are pearls man !
You're rich !

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
Those are pearls man !
You're rich !

Sig Pearls!!!! Eek

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post